Levi Brown | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Levi Brown

Here's what Football's Future had to say:

Levi Brown looks like an excellent right tackle prospect. He has the strong frame, and plays with very good power in the running game. He can dominate at the point of attack, and move defenders off the line. Brown will also finish off run plays by driving his man into the ground. He also shows the ability to keep the defender in front of him in pass protection. Brown may bring quite a bit of versatility. He’s played left tackle in college, and may be able to play there in the NFL. His best spot looks like RT, and his ability as a run blocker could allow him to play inside at guard as well.
Judging him as the left tackle spot he has played in college, Brown may lack the athleticism and agility to be a top notch left tackle at the next level. He may be able to hold his own, but it is something he will have to prove once drafted. As a right tackle however, he appears to be what everyone looks for at the position. Brown is one of the top senior lineman available for the draft. He may not project the best as the premium left tackle position, but as a right tackle, he may be the best available. He is a legitimate first round talent, and a solid senior season will only cement that position.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/prospects/levi_brown.html

This is interesting. I've read the same things. This is why some think that some here that are on the draft Brown bandwagon are merely "subconsciously" glorifying the guy's play because of the team's desperation for a new LT.

Does Brown have any better of potential at LT than Shelton, Alabi, or even Toledo, who's played the position as well? I dont think Brown is our sure #9 pick. Gaines Adams, Tedd Ginn Jr, and either Reggie Nelson or Laron Landry are more probabilities to me...

I am one of those who like Brown. I watched the Senior Bowl twice and watched with intent on Brown.

here is the deal. He dominated the LSU guy and locked on him. What they say about him locking on someone its all over is true IMO. He is quick out of his stance and does not seem to make mistakes going offsides in the process which is something that gets overlooked alot. It means he is aware of the snap count everytime and is quick to lock on.

The problem was when the South team snuck in the DE from Texas and his first play, he stunned Brown and blew him backwards and killed the QB. The next play, he went quickly inside on him (if this were JT, the Qb would have been killed again). From that point on, Brown was back on track.

I think that people should consider that even though Joe Thomas is the guy at LT, he too makes mistakes from time to time. I think Brown can be a true LT but it takes a good OL coach in order to make him great. I think we have that in Houck. I think practicing against JT all day will help his developement.

he has all the tools and you have to remember, he has not played the position long, so for him to be here at this point, and starting playing football at the ninth grade, and then being a defensive player at Penn st. then moved to LT says alot. Those who would deny Brown as a LT are not looking at the big picture to me. I remember a few years ago, Max Starx completely looked the part at RT and people said he was a bust. The Steelers got him at the end of round one and he has played great from day one. Levi Brown is similar to me at LT. He passes the eyeball test for sure. Has all the tools, just needs to finish the job by getting his mits on speed rushers and change of pace players. I think JT would help him out there.

He would be a reach for the 9th pick

compared to other talent in the #9 pick range yes, but if you trade down few spots and take him would be very nice. Brown is not overrated or underrated. He is right where most have him anywaheres from 12-20.

I'm not convinced that he worth taking at 9 either. To take an olineman in the top 10 he had better be a sure thing and Brown doesnt seem to be. Atleast not a sure thing at LT. I've been hoping someone could convince me that he's worth taking but I havent seen it yet. So if he is the pick, I'll be extremely disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom