Licking Chops... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Licking Chops...

LeftCoastPhin

Getting geeked for 2003!!
Reaction score
Our beloved team is in a minor funk and now this board seems to be falling asleep. C'mon now, it's not that bad. Here are some positives to think about heading into the bye week:

With the addition of Carter, our offense is LOADED. I don't think we have dared to dwell on the awesome impact of having the Chris brothers on the field together. It's gonna be AWESOME!! Right now, we are to narrow sighted cause of our concern of Lucas but I'm telling you it's gonna be a sight to see down the stretch.

Just think of Fiedler's delight coming back to having Carter, Chambers, Williams, McMichael, and Konrad at his disposal. You can't defend that! It's sick!

Our D is playing awesome and is swarming the ball like a bunch of crazed dogs, no let up in their get up!

We are still in 1st place and will be kicking ass down the stretch!! Get up!!

Valid comparisons to Dallas team:

E. Smith = Ricky
Moose = Konrad
Irvin = Chambers
Harper = Carter
Novacek = McMichael
Aikman = Fiedler

I give a slight edge to Dallas but we are RIGHT there with them!

Aikman has the edge on Jay and Smith a slight edge on Williams but we have the edge with Carter over Harper and the others are a wash IMO. We are right there, we just need to focus and we can take it all!

I'll have what they are drinking please barman!!

I do like the addition of Carter. Hopefully, over the course of a few weeks he can begin to fill the void of Oronde, but.......

E. Smith = Ricky

If he is lucky, Ricky will have half the career of Emmit Smith

Moose = Konrad

Perhaps a better reciever, but his blocking isn't comparible

Irvin = Chambers

Not in a million years at this stage. I think that Chambers has all ABILITY, but to compare him to Irvin right now is insanity.

Harper = Carter

Completely different. Carter is a chain mover, harper was a big play man.

Novacek = McMichael

I love McMichael, he is the closest of comparisons.

Aikman = Fiedler

I love what Fiedler does, but lets face it, he is no Aikman.

I understand the jesture, but those comparisons are ridiculous right now. In the future then perhaps they may be justified.

At this moment in time, I just hope that Lucas can play mistake free, and let our defense win it for us.

The thing that has me excited comming out of the bye is the healing proscess. Obviously the lineman on both side of the ball must love the off week the most. Every starter on our d-line needs the time to recover from a signifigant injury besides Tim Bowens(very surprisingly.) Dixon, our leader of the o-line, will hopefull use this week to finally get back on the feild. Ricky has been used as a human battering ram so I am sure he has many bumps and bruises to heal. Last Pat Surtain has been banged up for most of the season, so hopefully he can finally get healthy. I expect a fired up bunch of healthy guys comming out in the national spotlight to make millions forget about the last time they took the feild. Lets just all pray that Lucas doesn't negate this positive week.

PS Ricky is close to Emmit but not there, but the only postion we actully won in your comparison is TE. Jay had good hands, but couldn't imagine doing some of the things Randy has already done. The main postion Dallas had the advantage in was o-line, they made it so much easyier for the other guys.

Back
Top Bottom