Like I mentioned before........ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Like I mentioned before........

miadphan13

FinHeaven Cheerleader
Reaction score
What about signing Mark Royals as our punter??? He has been with the Bucs FOREVER and might cost less than Turk. Apparently our rival competition is interested in him.

NFL | After Royals? - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
20:41 PT: The Tampa Tribune reports the Buffalo Bills and New York Jets have reportedly expressed interest in talking to free agent P Mark Royals (Bucs), according to Royals' agent. Royals is heading to the NFLPA meetings in Hawaii, so no visits have been arranged.

the Punter is the only starting spots the team left - I wonder if they are waiting for Burger or Turk to lower their asking price. I would not be at all suprised to see Turk leave and then we'll be scrambling for a mediocre punter.

I've heard that they may be interested in Kyle Richardson and Mitch Berger.
Both of these vets have been released by their former teams, and would probably take less than they would have to pay for Turk.

Well that is why I mentioned Royals. He is a good veteran punter that was released by his team. I don't want to come off as dumb because I am NOT. I KNOW Royals because I have been strongly encouraged to watch Bucs games with my MOM for a very long time. :lol: We all have our problems! :lol:

Originally posted by JackDolphin
:cool: Turk will be back with us

Hope your right. That leaves DE, LB depth, safety and the ever wonderous, (who`s starting now?) OL. :)

Originally posted by Capt. Dick
Hope your right. That leaves DE, LB depth, safety and the ever wonderous, (who`s starting now?) OL. :)

Safety is not that bad:
  1. Brock
  2. Freeman
  3. Wooden
  4. Gamble
  5. Shields
    [/list=1]

we could use 1 more DE
    a P
    1 more LB
    and quality, not quantity on the OL
    and a PR/5th WR

Originally posted by dolphan39

Safety is not that bad:
  1. Brock
  2. Freeman
  3. Wooden
  4. Gamble
  5. Shields
    [/list=1]

we could use 1 more DE
    a P
    1 more LB
    and quality, not quantity on the OL
    and a PR/5th WR

1. Don`t know anything about Shields. :confused:

With our D and newly acquired ground attack, all we will need is a punter who can boot it on average of 35-40 yds. The occasional Phins roll would be nice too, but honestly a punter is not our critical piece. We just need someone decent. Royals would be great, but Berger would suffice. Hey here's a thought....lets use the draft we we got from NO to draft a punter. Yes that was a joke...

Berger is one of the best, better than Turk. Royals w/b a more moderate option.

We just need a punter who does not make mistakes...and can kick the ball 35-40 as you said as well as pooch kick it.

Turk w/b ideal

Back
Top Bottom