Like I Said The Non-sexy Pick Is In........... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Like I Said The Non-sexy Pick Is In...........

NYC#1finsfan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Nobody on television or sports radio are talking about the Dolphins or our pick. So is everybody happy? Arizona jumped up to 10 to grab Rosen, was that a highway robbery or was that a saving grace? I must admit that part of me wanted the Dolphins to make a splash but the true fan in me knew that their needs far outweighed the sexy splashy pick. What say you?

Nobody on television or sports radio are talking about the Dolphins or our pick. So is everybody happy? Arizona jumped up to 10 to grab Rosen, was that a highway robbery or was that a saving grace? I must admit that part of me wanted the Dolphins to make a splash but the true fan in me knew that their needs far outweighed the sexy splashy pick. What say you?
I'm sick of making splashes, I want wins. Minkah makes our defense better. He gives us 3 capable safeties and also allows Kiko to just worry about his area, which should help. Linebacker may not be as big of a need now either as we will play more 2 linebacker sets. We will still take a safety in round 2 or 3 but this a defensive transforming pick and I love it.

Great pick. Huge value, and *bonus* at a need position. Can play anywhere in the secondary.

I don't worry about splashes or winners and losers. You can pretty much always peg those to teams with multiple 1st round picks, and teams that move back into the 1st.

we got hopefully a solid pro player that is is going to make us better. the only times you are talked about is when you do something really stupid or surprising. Barkley to giants isn't gonna be overly hyped up, cause it was a need and that's about where he was expected to go, Buffalo trading 3 picks to move up to get Allen who I think will be garbage, that's splashy. He might not even play this season. The Browns drafting Mayfield at 1 instead of the cleaner darnold that's splashy. we got what we needed and most feel he will help solidify defense. so im happy

I liked the pick and I really like Arizona moving up to take Rosen so the temptation wasn't there.

I am interested to see the packages the defense can put out there with extra guys in the secondary, perhaps one replacing a LB in certain packages or even a DE. The creativity of the defensive coaches will allow them to possibly "hide" some weaknesses and take advantage of some match-ups.

Now if they can use a similar approach for the second and third rounds and go after quality rather than trying to make a splash, it will be a successful start to building a foundation for a successful team.

Everyone is underplaying how good Minkah is.

Won the Jim Thorpe and Chuck Benarik award in same season (only Charles Woodson and Patrick Peterson have done that) and has the school record for Alabama for pick sixes.

I love Derwin James but Minkah was a better natural safety if were talking range and ball skills.

We got the best secondary player in the draft IMO.

If any other team picked Minkah they would have had a 5 minute segment on him but because it's the Fins it barely gets touched...status quo

Not a sexy pick? Your joking right? Kid's one of the top 4 players in the draft and at 11. That's dam sexy. Vae would of been boring. Minkah, he'll no. Exiting as he'll. My house went nuts.

Not a sexy pick? Your joking right? Kid's one of the top 4 players in the draft and at 11. That's dam sexy. Vae would of been boring. Minkah, he'll no. Exiting as he'll. My house went nuts.
This pick doesn't get any sexier, and plus it fills a position of need.
Note: My house was going nuts as well.

I'm sorry safeties aren't sexy picks or we would be seeing them all morning on every draft show instead of all of the QB's and Saquon. He may be a stud but he's not a sexy pick.

Back
Top Bottom