Lindy's Pos-B-Pos rankings have TEN Dolphins in Top 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lindy's Pos-B-Pos rankings have TEN Dolphins in Top 10

NYFCat

Starter
Reaction score
Ricky Williams - #1 among RB's
Rob Konrad - #4 among FB's
Jason Taylor - #1 among DE's
Tim Bowens - #7 among DT's
Zach Thomas - #3 among MLB's
Patrick Surtain - #1 among CB's(This is one magazine that has always shown Surtain his proper respect.)
Sam Madison - #3 among CB's
Sammy Knight - #10 (among ALL safeties)
Olindo Mare #3 among CB's

#2 in Running Game:
Ricky Williams was everything the Dolphins hoped for when they acquired him from New Orleans in a trade. Williams’ production last season resulted in Miami giving up a second No. 1 pick, but in their minds it was worth it. Now, they just have to figure out a way to make the playoffs and play as well in December and January as they do the first three months of the season.

#3 Defensive Line:
Right end Jason Taylor led the league with 18.5 sacks last season, but he wasn’t the only producer on the line. Left end Adewale Ogunleye chipped in 9.5 sacks, while tackle Tim Bowens was his usual productive self. Larry Chester, the other tackle, is consistent, and the Dolphins have added Jeff Zgonina to the tackle rotation this season.

#4 Linebackers:
The Dolphins could be boom or bust with Junior Seau coming aboard. The linebacking corps is anchored by Zach Thomas in the middle, but they need better play from Morlon Greenwood. Seau replaces Derrick Rodgers, who performance fell off last season. Coaches expect Seau’s leadership to provide a big lift, but you have to make plays to lead.

#2 Secondary:
Wow! Hyperbole is acceptable when describing this group. Already solid with cornerbacks Patrick Surtain and Sam Madison, along with safeties Brock Marion and Arturo Freeman, the Dolphins then added Sammy Knight to the mix at safety. Want more? They also brought back nickel back Terrell Buckley, and still have developing backup corner Jamar Fletcher. We’ll say it again: Wow!

As I said in the other thread, Lindy’s Pro Football is one off-season magazine that I always set $7 aside for. They comment on every player in the league, give a detailed position-by-position analysis, rank the top 10 players among positions in the NFL, and have no S&S-like-holes in their research (Ie “The Dolphins didn’t have to draft Jamar Fletcher because Nicke Back Brian Walker had 7 INT ¢s. Calvin Jackson is solid at SS.â€Â)

Thanks for the info NYFcat. Didn't know that was out yet.

Hmmm.........if a magazine writes positive things about the Fins, it's credible, but if you don't like what they say, it's not :rolleyes:

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Hmmm.........if a magazine writes positive things about the Fins, it's credible, but if you don't like what they say, it's not :rolleyes:

Bleh clumped way to be a party pooper when he already stated in the other thread before he had this that Lindy's was a heck of a lot more reliable.

what he is saying is that they are up to date with what is going on. the fact that these guys are ranked where they are shows someone was paying attention.

I guess the magazine is not credible to you.:lol:
But you see, i dont care what any magazine says. It dont mean a thing. including the ones who say buffalo has a chance to go to the SB just becuase you got FAT CAT SAM and Takeo (all world now that i"m a Bill) Spikes.

I dont wanna really read this thread because imma buy the book....I stopped buying Street and Smiths beause they always seem to be wayyyy off on their predictions....BTW, I didnt know Olindo Mare could play CB!!?? :confused: J/K lol....im sure it was a mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, and I didn't know Calvin Jackson could play safety....

Eat me

<< Hmmm.........if a magazine writes positive things about the Fins, it's credible, but if you don't like what they say, it's not >>

Freakin' grow up, will ya?

I like Lindy's because they comment on every player in the league, give a detailed position-by-position analysis, rank the top 10 players among positions in the NFL, and have no lapses in their research. They also rank and give a detailed analysis of EVERY draft pick.

No, it has nothing to do with their opinions of the Dolphins or the Bills. It has to do with their writers and the way they format their magainze.

Got it?

I've never liked Street&Smith's because I can't take a magazine seriously that screws the names of the players and, at least once a year for the Dolphins, doesn't know which player plays at which position.

Thanks for sharing that. I like Lindy's too. Didn't know the new issue was out. I'ma grab it.

Hey NYFCat, I hope you are getting kick backs for your advertising on Linsey's mag. I'm sure you have sold a few copies for them. I know I'm on my way to get one.

What is so amaizing is that some Dolphin fans think YOUR post's are unbiased and credible.....:confused: :rolleyes2 :huh: :spit:

Marino1983

I like Lindy's the best as well. The only problem is I got the cover with Tom Brady on it. Of all the rankings that they posted the one that showed me they knew there stuff was Sam Madison as the number 3 cornerback. I think alot of people, including Dolfans, were down on Madison because of the Buffalo game. While he did have an off year by his standards he's still a great corner.

Yeah, I've been very satisfied with the play of Surtain and Madison.

The CB position is a hard one and they seem to play pro-bowl level every year IMO.

Originally posted by NYFCat
Lindy’s Pro Football is one off-season magazine that I always set $7 aside for. They comment on every player in the league, give a detailed position-by-position analysis, rank the top 10 players among positions in the NFL
Lindy's Pro Football magazine ROCKS!

I've been collecting them for almost 10 years now...has it already hit the news stands yet? I gotta get mine! :D

Back
Top Bottom