Linebacker Question | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Linebacker Question

oodolphins

Starter
Reaction score
Okay, we have Zach and Crowder starting. Who is the other starter? I still say we draft linebacker with #16. I really like Chad Greenway if he is there.

Thoughts? :dolphins:

other linebackers are Jason Taylor and Sedrick Hodge.

We also have Derrick Pope and Donnie Spragan. Jason Taylor is a DE.

Well, last year Donnie Spragan started most of the year at Sam for Junior Seau; last year's defense was pretty good, most of the time. We also added Sedrick Hodge, who is considered a specimen but has underachieved thus far, who will compete with Spragan at Sam. There are lots of good LB's in this draft, too bad we don't have a #2 pick. Greenway's draft stock has dropped after his poor showing at the combine. I hope if we take Chad we traded down a few slots and picked up some extra picks.

Saban in '06 said:
We also have Derrick Pope and Donnie Spragan. Jason Taylor is a DE.

Okay, thanks I forgot about Spragan. With that said, what do you think is the most pressing need, LB or CB/S?

I would say CB/S. We did sign Will Allen, Andre Goodman, & Renaldo Hill which is good. We don't know how well they will do for us next year, where as we know that at least two (Thomas and Crowder) are solid as hell and are going to be great again!!!

DB, particularly S. OLB, OG/C, and WR are right behind. As I said in the statistical analysis thread, I don't think any of our remaining needs is that great and we'll take BPA.

VanDolPhan said:
I'm starting to lean towards Lawson myself as I think Cleveland will take Greenway.

Cleveland is actually high on Wimbley from Florida State. They like him better coming off the edge than Greenway.

I'd love for Miami to draft Demeco Ryans at 16. I love that guy. I think he would make an instant impact. Very quick to the ball and smart. I think he's gunna be a great pro. Very fun to watch him play.

RichmondWeb said:
Well, last year Donnie Spragan started most of the year at Sam for Junior Seau; last year's defense was pretty good, most of the time. We also added Sedrick Hodge, who is considered a specimen but has underachieved thus far, who will compete with Spragan at Sam. There are lots of good LB's in this draft, too bad we don't have a #2 pick. Greenway's draft stock has dropped after his poor showing at the combine. I hope if we take Chad we traded down a few slots and picked up some extra picks.

Anyone could underachieve in New Orleans. The Aint's are poised to ruin the careers of Drew Brees and anyone they pick in the first rd of this years draft

CB/S i dont think you draft LB unless WR Jackson is gone, and their is no value at the CB/S position

Randy Mueller knows Sedrick Hodge well, I'll bet Saban can make him a contributer. I am most concerned with our secondary. We lost three of four starters. It sounds like this is a great draft class for corners and tweeners: Jimmy Willliams, Antonio Cromartie, and Tye Hill to name a few would be great picks, even better if we could trade down and still get one of them; there are a few more with first round grades as well. I was just looking through last year's "Lindy's". They have Saban tied for last in threir coaches ratings. Of course nine guys above him all got fired and two are now his assistants. OOOOPS!!!

I think our secondary is in pretty good shape now after FA. All depends what happens with Arrington. I'd rather have Carpenter or Lawson than Greenway if we do decide to draft a LB.

Back
Top Bottom