Linebackers Needed for 3-4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Linebackers Needed for 3-4

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
With the addition of Don Caper you know Miami is going to go 3-4 more often next year. In particular, I feel Miami will be looking for a young NT type and some athletic linebackers to make this defense work. If Greenwood is gone before #16, which is likely, do you think Lawson would be a good pick? After the senior bowl practice I think he's going to go somewhere in the first round and might be the next linebacker after Greenwood in the pecking order.

I love Greenwood as a linebacker who can do it all and has leadership abilities. He seems like a player you could build a defense around. Most of the mocks have him going somewhere in the 10-15 range. So the next question is if he's close is he good enough to deal up slightly for?

As far as true nose tackle types Gabe Watson would seem like a perfect fit and seems to have solidified his position somewhere in the first round. I'm not sure if there's a whole lot after him. The kid from Stanford maybe (can't recall his name) and Jackson from Auburn is pretty good.

SF Dolphin Fan said:
With the addition of Don Caper you know Miami is going to go 3-4 more often next year. In particular, I feel Miami will be looking for a young NT type and some athletic linebackers to make this defense work. If Greenwood is gone before #16, which is likely, do you think Lawson would be a good pick? After the senior bowl practice I think he's going to go somewhere in the first round and might be the next linebacker after Greenwood in the pecking order.

I love Greenwood as a linebacker who can do it all and has leadership abilities. He seems like a player you could build a defense around. Most of the mocks have him going somewhere in the 10-15 range. So the next question is if he's close is he good enough to deal up slightly for?

As far as true nose tackle types Gabe Watson would seem like a perfect fit and seems to have solidified his position somewhere in the first round. I'm not sure if there's a whole lot after him. The kid from Stanford maybe (can't recall his name) and Jackson from Auburn is pretty good.

You mean Greenway :tongue:

Well the the questionable point is if it's worth spending such a pick on a SLB.

This draft is currently moving around as we speak. Im not sure where Greenwood........Greenway will go. The thing that everyone has to remember is that while people are moving up the draft like Cutler and others, that some will move down spots. I think Greenway is someone that Saban would love to have. I also think he would love to have Huff. Darnell Bing is also a possibility. We shall see if he moves up some.

finfan54 said:
This draft is currently moving around as we speak. Im not sure where Greenwood........Greenway will go. The thing that everyone has to remember is that while people are moving up the draft like Cutler and others, that some will move down spots. I think Greenway is someone that Saban would love to have. I also think he would love to have Huff. Darnell Bing is also a possibility. We shall see if he moves up some.

If we go non LB and miss Greenway in 1st, keep in mind that Lawson could be avail in 2nd. He would fit the need as well.

motioncityhifi said:
Man I hope he means Greenway and not getting Greenwood back:)

Yes the same greenwood who played VERY well for the texans this yea

Greenwood wasnt all that bad really and has improved a lot

But I think he meant Greenway :lol:

finfan54 said:

That's a good point. If teams are willing to "reach" for Jay Cutler and some others then maybe someone sneaks down that we wouldn't expect. I remember that happened a few years back with Tennessee when they took Jevon Kearse. At the time, everyone expected them to take a wr but Kearse was a huge factor and helped them reach another level. Of all the players in the first round, I can really see Greenway in a Dolphins uniform. Just seems like he'd be the perfect Saban pick.

Dolphins_SR66 said:
If we go non LB and miss Greenway in 1st, keep in mind that Lawson could be avail in 2nd. He would fit the need as well.

I could be wrong, but I think Lawson is going to go in the 1st. I think he might rise like Merriman did last year. In fact, I'd say he's the next linebacker drafted after Greenway.

SF Dolphin Fan said:
With the addition of Don Caper you know Miami is going to go 3-4 more often next year.

I was under the impression that we ran a 3-4 over/under already this year...............

Has anyone seen any of these guys play?

James Anderson Virginia Tech 6-3 235 4.4 40

Leon Williams from the U 6-3 240 4.5 40.

Terna Nande miami ohio 6-1 230 4.4 Not too big but the steelers larry foote is weighs about 230 too and can play in the 3-4

Spencer Havner UCLA 6-4 4-6 40.

Kamerion Wimbley florida state 6-4 255 4-6

Pierre Woods michigan 6-5 247

MiamiDolphins34 said:
Has anyone seen any of these guys play?

James Anderson Virginia Tech 6-3 235 4.4 40

Leon Williams from the U 6-3 240 4.5 40.

Terna Nande miami ohio 6-1 230 4.4 Not too big but the steelers larry foote is weighs about 230 too and can play in the 3-4

Spencer Havner UCLA 6-4 4-6 40.

Kamerion Wimbley florida state 6-4 255 4-6

Pierre Woods michigan 6-5 247

James Anderson is a workout warrior. He moved for ILB to WLB to take advantage of his speed and did a wonderful job for the Hokies. Great athlete who has yet to reach his potential.

Kamerion Wimbley (my favorite of this list) is a brute. When not being double teamed, can simply dominate a game. The only question I have at this time, can he make the transition to DE/OLB.

Back
Top Bottom