Linehan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Linehan

His Dudeness

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think it will be very interesting to see what our offense looks like this year. Linehan no longer has the great WR/QB tandem, but instead he's got a great runningback, a very good Tight End and Wr. I'm just interested to see what he'll have to do different.. and if he'll still use the deepball as much as he did in minnesota. My guess is that he'll do what he can do, but Chambers is no moss, and Feeley is no Culpepper. So, i think he'll use more Te/Rb in the passing game... not necessarily to be conservative like Chan Gailey and co. but to create matchup problems with linebackers and such...

The matchup problems will be the strength of the dolphin offense. Minni had top five talent at qb and wr. Made sense to just chuck and go.. Mcmichael should catch 80 balls.. If he doesn't then we are aren't using him properly. Despite that, I really think this season comes down to the o line. If its good we will be a playoff team, if not then it doesn't matter who our skill players are we are doomed. Aside from nick and ronnie, Houck was the best addition made by the dolphins. Gotta feel good about him.

His Dudeness said:
I think it will be very interesting to see what our offense looks like this year. Linehan no longer has the great WR/QB tandem, but instead he's got a great runningback, a very good Tight End and Wr. I'm just interested to see what he'll have to do different.. and if he'll still use the deepball as much as he did in minnesota. My guess is that he'll do what he can do, but Chambers is no moss, and Feeley is no Culpepper. So, i think he'll use more Te/Rb in the passing game... not necessarily to be conservative like Chan Gailey and co. but to create matchup problems with linebackers and such...

Im boggled by what you just said...Feeley is not Culpepper, I will agree with you there but not many are. Linehan will play to Feeley's strength's this year and we will most likely be successful...we do have a great rb now, and te, but we also have very good wr's that you forget about. Chris Chambers is probobly the most underrated reciever in the nfl, and Booker was injured last year alot but when he was healthy he played well

vikings TE wiggins was their leading receiver last year. expect mcmichael to have a huge year. i just hope we get him signed to a long term deal before it costs us what we cant afford.

Buddwalk said:
Im boggled by what you just said...Feeley is not Culpepper, I will agree with you there but not many are. Linehan will play to Feeley's strength's this year and we will most likely be successful...we do have a great rb now, and te, but we also have very good wr's that you forget about. Chris Chambers is probobly the most underrated reciever in the nfl, and Booker was injured last year alot but when he was healthy he played well
1) What makes you say Feeley will MOST LIKELY be succesfull? We all hope he is, but MOST LIKELY is pretty confident.
2) What great RB. I will agree that Brown has great skills, and the potential to be very good, but he has yet touch a football in the NFL. Saying he is great is way premature.
3) Chris Chambers is not underrated. Hes done nothing to prover hes an elite WR. And please dont give me the Jay Feidler arguments. If he was great he would make plays, he hasnt, so for as much as I like Chambers, he's noting more than an average at best #1 wideout. He really should be a #2 wideout.

Buddwalk said:

why do my statements boggle you?... because i said chambers isnt moss? WHICH HE ISNT. Because i pointed out our strenghts at TE AND RB, and said we were behind the Vikings in terms of QB and WR. which is another fact. Chambers is good, but he's never really showed himself to be an elite talent. And booker is booker, a decent at best posession WR. (when linehan is known for his fast and speedy burners). i'm saying we have different personell than what minnesota ran, so it will be interesting to see how things get done.

Truthfully, your comments boggle me, because your points don't make sense.

I think he'll do what he can to spread the field out. You'll see an occasional deep ball to chambers but I think our best chance for success is short/medium range passes underneath to Mcmichael and Ronnie. I can't wait to see Ronnie with the ball in the open field.

I think the moral of this thread is "anything is better then the horse sh** offensive coaching staff we had here last season".

It still makes the mind swim when you look at the level of idiocy Wanny was working at.

Back
Top Bottom