Lions Don't Want Rice | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lions Don't Want Rice

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Rice to Lions? No

The Oakland Raiders reportedly are shopping wide receiver Jerry Rice in advance of the Oct. 19 trade deadline. But the Lions appear to have no interest in acquiring him.

There were reports Wednesday that the Lions had considered an offer to acquire Rice for a low-round pick in the 2005 draft.

“There’s nothing to it,†Lions vice president Bill Keenist said.

Rice, 42 next Wednesday, has five catches this season and one in the last two games.

http://www.detnews.com/2004/lions/0410/07/d05-296568.htm

Someone should give Rice a chance. He's not totally washed up, he's just been faded out big time in Oakland!!

He is to damn slow. He is totally washed up. He is way to old. Only kickers stay as long as he has.

Rice should retire. I didn't know he was doing so bad this year. 5 catches?! :eek: I know his numbers in Oakland have been dropping off ever since the SB run, but I mean I didn't know it was this bad. I still think someone like Detroit should go for him.

Detoit should not go for him a waste of money. They were supposed to have a good year. With Rogers, Williams, and Hakim. But Rogers got hurt again. :shakeno:

Prime Time said:
Rice should retire. I didn't know he was doing so bad this year. 5 catches?! :eek: I know his numbers in Oakland have been dropping off ever since the SB run, but I mean I didn't know it was this bad. I still think someone like Detroit should go for him.
It is hard to make catches when you dont get the ball thrown to you. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom