Live Press Conference/Looks like Marino really is the new GM | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Live Press Conference/Looks like Marino really is the new GM

How funny is this going to be? Dave and Rick both reporting to Dan Marino as SVP of Football Operations.

Actually, according to reports, Rick Spielman is the new GM which means Marino is essentially getting Rick's old job. This isn't as bad a move as I originally thought.

Right, but I listened very clearly to Wayne Huizenga say that both Wannstedt and Spielman will be reporting to Dan Marino. I just think that's a little ironic.

Originally posted by Cranx
Actually, according to reports, Rick Spielman is the new GM which means Marino is essentially getting Rick's old job. This isn't as bad a move as I originally thought.

Wong. Rick's old job was reporting to Wanny as being charge of player personnel.

Now Wanny reports to Rick who is GM, and Rick and Wanny both report to Dan as SVP of Football Operations.

Huge difference. Wanny basically has nothing to do but draw X's and O's, Rick will run the team and do personnel HIS way, and Dan will make sure they stay on a path that leads toward winning a Super Bowl. I like it!

I believe Marinos job will be to make sure that we are winners from top to bottom. i believe Spielmans job will be to make sure he gets teh right players with the right salary structure. i believe wannys job is to coach.

the thing i took away from this was that we have some young guys who are commited to winning and after Dan will be viewed by all as "naive" i believe the dan mystique will take over and he will help the whole organization be winners.

Back
Top Bottom