Loads of ex-Phins finding greener pastures | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Loads of ex-Phins finding greener pastures

I only see one guy in that group that was worth keeping: Cousin.

The rest either sucked or in Izzo's case priced their way out of here.

I'd have kept Donnalley and Burton, either one is lightyears better than anybody on our O line

Burton played DT........

[INSERT WITTY JIM MANDICH REFERENCE HERE]:rolleyes:

BTW, Donnalley's last season here, he was horrible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perry certainly never did anything to make you forget Donnalley, but I do not think he is that much better.

Cousin made his own choice to leave as an UFA to become the starter...he is now back to doing for Car what he did for us: playing slot CB in the 5cent pkg.

Why did we not call Kinchen :hmmm:

my bad, I was thinking Brent Smith, Donalley wasn't as bad as the running game was crap. Look how he is with a good RB. Lamar or Davis ?

Hmmm...

I'm happy to see the ex-phins playing in the Super Bowl. There are even more that aren't and I pity their lack of success.

Stanley Pritchett with Da Bears
Lamar Smith and Derrick Rodgers in Nahleans
Trace and Wheatley in the Raider Nation (with Norv)
Gardner in Denver (or hell..whereever he happens to be today)
Troy in Philly
They are all over the place and will have seats just as good as the current phins for the super bowl!

Well how many of these guys are worth a damn? Huard doesnt ever play, Ward is a bum, Kinchen who cares?, Al Wallace who? Burton was crap, Cousin was ok, Battaglia? yeah nice try. Donnalley and Izzo were the only good to decent players we had. Must be nice to be Huard, stringing your way along to get a ring even Dan Marino can't say he has. now THATS what is ****t Y about the NFL and sports in general. Bums who dont start or never play like 3rd stringers still get rings. When Dan didn't. Hey, life is fair. No, really it is

Originally posted by SmokeyPhinz
Well how many of these guys are worth a damn? Huard doesnt ever play, Ward is a bum, Kinchen who cares?, Al Wallace who? Burton was crap, Cousin was ok, Battaglia? yeah nice try. Donnalley and Izzo were the only good to decent players we had. Must be nice to be Huard, stringing your way along to get a ring even Dan Marino can't say he has. now THATS what is ****t Y about the NFL and sports in general. Bums who dont start or never play like 3rd stringers still get rings. When Dan didn't. Hey, life is fair. No, really it is

dan does have a lot more money than huard though, so life is fair in this example.

Al Wallace has done well as a 3rd DE for the Panthers. We traded him and a 4th rounder for Jay Williams, and I'd rather we had kept Wallace and the draft pick, looking at how each has done since that time.

Originally posted by Section126

What? You need to remember some facts: Izzo received a $275,000 signing bonus and a 4 year deal at the NFL Veteran Minimum! Peter King was just talking the other day about what a great deal it was for the Pats who got a Pro Bowl special teams player and stole him from Miami.

He's not only not expensive, but how could he have been too expensive for us - but not for the Pats? Who've been to the SB?

The others? Donnalley is vastly superior to Todd Perry! He's not all-pro - but if Donnalley sucks, Perry REALLY does! Bad Decision.

Cousin? He's actually Carolina's worst CB - at least most of the year (living in NC I see them a lot).

Originally posted by Section126

yeh Izzo priced his way out by accepting a 4 year deal at the min each year? Most of those guys are quality bakcups or starters that the phins would love to have and should of kept if they had any foresight.

Ya true and I hope these guys' pasture becomes even greener after the game on Sunday:

Donnelley

Cousin

Shane Burton

Al Wallace

Marco Battaglia

Back
Top Bottom