Long leaves Rams - No deal | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Long leaves Rams - No deal

Hope he comes back to Mia and walks into the office just to see jeff Ireland hand feeding Winston Grapes.

Hahaha that's pretty funny.
Yeah I don't know that this means he comes back to Miami. Other teams could still be in play.

per rotoworld...
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports free agent LT Jake Long is ready to leave St. Louis without a deal Friday, and that "multiple teams" are showing interest.

maybe he is hearing things form other teams besides us too

I would pay him a little extra if he signs a two year deal. That would give him the opportunity to prove he's healthy and then push for a larger extension if needed.

Just cause he left doesn't mean he won't sign with them.

Who the Hell would want to live in St. Louis!!! All they have is great Barbeque and High Crime!!! I'll admit though, the skirt in the family usually wins the "Where we gonna live argument". Lets see what happens next. IF Long does resign for anything in the $8M range it's a win for Miami.

I bet his old lady toured St Louis and said screw this. I miss south beach already.

I've been to both St Louis and Miami...

it doesn't even compare, Miami wins in every single way... at least for my tastes.

I remember thinking "is this it" when I was in St Louis.

This situation is bizarre esp. from the Rams end.

I would pay him a little extra if he signs a two year deal. That would give him the opportunity to prove he's healthy and then push for a larger extension if needed.

i doubt he signs a 2 year deal with any team. He wants a bigger / longer deal probably around 4 years 30$ mil

I was in St Louis once on business. Could not wait to get out of there. Good B B Q. that's about it.

I feel better now that a second set of impartial docs gave him the clean bill of health with a lot of commitment at stake. I think his wife didn't want to leave in the worst way and Jake is feeling now that he's paid his dues with Sparano, Henning, Henne, etc, it would be a shame watch from outside now that the HC's vision is coming to fruition with a lot of exciting parts including a blossoming franchise QB and an elite home run hitting receiver. It's a crappy feeling knowing you can contribute, suffered through the worst only for someone else to experience the elations. :idk:

His agent probably intentionally "leaked" that he was "scheduled" to leave today to get a few extra bucks out of the Rams before he signs.

Back
Top Bottom