Long Snapper?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Long Snapper??

fins1

Sec 143Row 26 Seats 7,8
Club Member
Reaction score
Seth Mckinney is second on th Depth chart as a long snapper behind Ed perry. Ed Perry is third on the depth chart at tight end. Can we cut Perry and open a spot on the roster. Maybe keep an extra WR. I know he's the best long snapper out there.
What do you think?

Ed Perry is one of the best long snappers in the NFL. Just ask jerry jones how important your veteran long snapper is. If you dont know what im talking about , he lost his in preseason playing him as a tight end.:lol:

It still would be nice to get a good longsnapper that contributes.

Originally posted by fins1
Here's the depth chart

http://www.phins.com/depth_chart.php

That's Curt's idea of what the 53 man roster will look at in September..That roster is not set in stone..He just put it out there for conversation..this is in no way official..it's not even the unofficial camp depth chart..be careful how you post this info..

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

That's Curt's idea of what the 53 man roster will look at in September..That roster is not set in stone..He just put it out there for conversation..this is in no way official..it's not even the unofficial camp depth chart..be careful how you post this info..

I have to disagree with you. I think it is a fine depth chart.

Originally posted by fins1
Can we cut Perry and open a spot on the roster.

They've been trying to do this for years. And it's an absolute joke. All you have to do is head on out to training camp and have a look. You can actually SEE the difference. When the "other guys" snap, you see holders struggle, Olindo miss, timing look bad, etc. They've pretty much given up on it now.

You gotta remember, these long snappers......this is what they do. It's what they devote all their time to. And they take it VERY seriously. There's even a website out there dedicated to LS. And for some positional player, who stands a MUCH better chance of getting hurt during the season...and therefore harming special teams in a very big way, to come in and unseat them, it's just not realistic in most cases.

Myself, I don't think we should get rid of ed perry. Unless they make a gameday spot for long snapper. Which I think they should do.

Originally posted by Dol-Fan Dupree

I have to disagree with you. I think it is a fine depth chart.

I don't disagree with you..I think it's a great depth chart also..Just wanted people to know this wasn't offical..but I hope Curt's chart holes water when the final roster comes in for real...I love what he did...But not many rookies or FA's mades the team..But the changes that made are great ones..Not sure, I think Knight will be in front of Freeman, but that remains to be seen...

Even official depth charts are pretty meaningless at this point in time.

Knight will be in front of Freeman. I'll take that to the bank.

Sorry, I can't add to the longsnapping motif, but curt's roster stirred me to respond to that....

No way David Bowens will be third DE behind Burnett.....we just gave him a big contract, as long as he stays healthy he'll get playing time in front of Burnett AT defensive end......I look for Burnett to be a surprise final cut this year. just a hunch.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Sorry, I can't add to the longsnapping motif, but curt's roster stirred me to respond to that....

No way David Bowens will be third DE behind Burnett.....we just gave him a big contract, as long as he stays healthy he'll get playing time in front of Burnett AT defensive end......I look for Burnett to be a surprise final cut this year. just a hunch.

Wholeheartedly agree. I think he will be #2 behind Taylor and will see some action at DE on passing downs. Burnett and Williams are sometimes slotted at DT when it's a clear passing down.

I also think that Omare Lowe is even or ahead of Fletcher on the depth chart. Lowe has excellent size (6'1) and is our biggest corner. He should do well against some big WR's. I'm hoping he'll come around - we could have some really solid reserve DB's.

I think the 3rd and 4th corner spots have been a bit of an achilles heel for us in the past with teams exploiting matchups of their #1 WR's against our 3 or 4 guy. I like where we are now better than in a long time.

Like I have said before Ed Perry has more job security on this team than any other player

Back
Top Bottom