Long Snapper?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Long Snapper??

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy

If I have kids I'll train them to be long snappers.
:lol:
unless they are lefty and can throw a baseball 85+ MPH not a bad idea...;)

Ed Perry is the man. We can't cut our long snapper.

You have to have one guy on the team who is just a long snapper. Long snapping is really important, just ask the Giants. They brought in a new long snapper for the playoffs and look what happened to them.

Originally posted by dolphan39
unless they are lefty and can throw a baseball 85+ MPH not a bad idea...;)

Why not a 95+ MPH pitcher that can do it both side with a special reversible glove ?

A-Rod would be jealous with his poor 25 millions/year contract...
:D

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy
by the way dolphan39

congratulations for your 10000th post
thanks is that like Rogers Clemens 300 wins :goof: :lol: :hitself:

Wish we had a punter worthy of such a good long snapper...

there is a pitcher at harvard this year that can pitch with both arms....i find that to be remarkable.....no idea how he actualy throws, just know he can bring it with either arm......

cutting ed perry would be along the same lines as cutting olindo mare and having a WR or RB kick for us all season.....it is ludicrous to even discuss.....

Baker over Tolver? I don't think so. I don't know why people are so high on this guy just cos he's doing good in Europe. I think that for him to make the team it'll have to be as the return guy over Rodgers.I know Tolver hasn't played a down in the NFL yet but after 128 catches in one season I feel good about him. I also think that Whitley will make the team and not Andrews.

I don't think people understand how valued a long-snapper is. And the reason is because no one really pays attention to them, they just figure a good snap happens all the time. Remember Giants last year? That's what happens when you don't have a good long-snapper. A field goal attempt and a punt is all based on the snap. A bad snap likely means a bad kick, a good snap likely means an easy field goal, no matter who the kicker is. You have 53 roster spots, you can spare one for a guy who is a leading contributor in the unit that gets the most points of the season.

Originally posted by Danny
Baker over Tolver? I don't think so. I don't know why people are so high on this guy just cos he's doing good in Europe. I think that for him to make the team it'll have to be as the return guy over Rodgers.I know Tolver hasn't played a down in the NFL yet but after 128 catches in one season I feel good about him. I also think that Whitley will make the team and not Andrews.

Agreed... If the team was sold on Baker, he would have gotten time last season... I don't think he was even activated more than one game last season...

Also, agree on Whitley... I think he's a diamond in the rough...

I believe that Lee can long snap too. We3 have talked about this before and of course long snaping is very important and often over look but it'd be great if we could have a guy that will do more than just long snap.

But then you risk losing him in a single play. And then life looks very grim indeed. ..... but i cut him every year when im playing madden.

Back
Top Bottom