Longtime general manager dishes on Dolphins’ line plans. And some Dolphins waiting on move | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Longtime general manager dishes on Dolphins’ line plans. And some Dolphins waiting on move

All of this has been discussed here in various threads, but it is all good info in case some people haven't seen part of it. I like Casserly and his opinions, and I like PFF's take on our OL. I'd prefer that we were better ... but we're not really better yet.

I wouldn't be giving Hunt a real long look at RT. If he's not the right fit there, then plug him in at G as soon as possible and let Davis man the RT spot. There's not time to give these guys extensive looks at positions they may eventually wind up playing down the road. It's going to be hard enough having the guys we settle on try to develop some chemistry before the regular season starts.

Last edited:
Just came here to discuss the last two bits which were the most interesting (only cause the other things have been covered previously):

Biggest weakness: Miami’s offensive line might be improved over last season, but that’s not saying much. The unit allowed pressure in 2.5 seconds or less on 33% of its 2019 dropbacks, 5 percentage points higher than any other team. The group’s run-blocking grade was the worst in the NFL as well. Adding two rookies who look to be projects and two starters on the interior with just one starting season of average play apiece at their position isn’t going to completely wipe away those problems.

X factor for 2020: Preston Williams was the Dolphins’ leading receiver before going down with an injury in Week 9 — more receptions and receiving yards than DeVante Parker. Williams’ 10 contested catches over those nine weeks were a top-10 mark in the NFL.

I think people forget HOW BAD our OL was, and although we should have 4 new starters, 2 or more of them will be rookies, and 4 or 5 of them were not on this team last season. It's still a wait and see approach that people with blinders forget about.

And secondly, I find Preston Williams strong start and contested catches total a very pleasant surprise... but we need to see him do it again AND for DVP to have another strong season - again, wait and see.

Too many people give us too much credit. We need to be a little more realistic.

Finfan83nj you are absolutely crushing the content thanks for posting. Where in nj are you from ?
With regards to the article, it was a much needed dolphins shot in my arm - I’m super stoked for our future .

Finfan83nj you are absolutely crushing the content thanks for posting. Where in nj are you from ?
With regards to the article, it was a much needed dolphins shot in my arm - I’m super stoked for our future .
I’m stoked too, little disappointed the covid stuff is putting a damper on things like training camp etc.

All good bro we will get through it. I don’t post much but this site helps a lot. Thanks for posting the recent news it helps as I am up in the mid Atlantic

We will see how it pan out..we should be better than last yr.. dolphins will be find in couple yr. As long Tua is good and can scramble in pocket. That will help oline out as well.

The lack of OTA,s and a limited pre season will impact young teams with a lot of first year players a lot more than it will have on veteran teams. Also the Dolphins have 2 new coordinators and a number of other new coaches on the staff.
I expect that the Dolphins will struggle early in the season as players learn to play with one another and the rookies learn that they are playing against top level talent every week. Hopefully they will be improving as the season goes along and Tua is able to get a few starts toward the end of the season.

I expect that the Dolphins will struggle early in the season as players learn to play with one another and the rookies learn that they are playing against top level talent every week.

I don't expect that at all ...
You MAY be right but I expect the coaches to have theplayers ready to compete out of the gate and while veteran teams SHOULD have an advantage young, hungry teams with a head-strong attitude at HC CAN surprise ... especially early in the season when there is no game tape to prepare for .... did I mention the OC and veteran QB we have has spent time together?

I read "expectations" from fans and "experts" and I think a bunch of folks just go with the flow and say what seems logical ....
win or lose, right or wrong I expect the Dolphins to surprise many and win early but I don't ever expect to lose

I believe we've got something going (growing) in South Florida and for a bunch of folks we will "come out of nowhere" .... but it started being built a year and a half ago .... so "let's see what we can fvk with next" ...
there's a new sheriff in town

I am not very confident that Hunt has the feet to play RT, especially in front of Tua.

I am confident that he has the potential to be a beast at OG though.

I am comfortable with Jesse Davis at RT for this season, hopefully after that he will be a very valuable super sub since he can competently play several spots.

I think another pass blocking OT will be taken early in the next Draft, maybe VERY early.

Back
Top Bottom