Look at the character on this team | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Look at the character on this team

burghPhinFan

there are some that call me...Tim
Reaction score
I got to thinking the other day about Ricky. What an inspirational story he is. By now we're all very aware of what he has gone through since joining the NFL. He has rebounded from almost quitting football to being the NFL's top rusher. I thought, what a motivational story not only for people suffering from the same social disorder that Ricky has, but for anyone trying to overcome adversity.
But then I thought, well that's almost nothing compared to Robert Edwards' story! By now, we're all very aware of his story also! He very nearly has part of his leg AMPUTATED, and after 2-3 years of incredibley hard work, he's on an NFL roster scoring touchdowns. An amazing display of this man's hard work, dedication and never-say-die attitude.
Then I took a step back and looked at the rest of the team. What a great group of guys displaying great character:

-Zach Thomas, a 5th round nobody when drafted, now a probowl LB

-Jamie Nails, cut from the Bills roster, is out of football for a year. Drops some weight and comes back as a dominating run blocker.

-Marcus Spriggs, rehabs from a season ending knee injury to back up the line

-Randy McMichael, drops to the 4th round in the draft, may very well compete for rookie MVP honors.

-Albert Johnson, a CFL player makes it to the NFL.

-Oronde Gadsden, Arena league player bounced from team to
team until he makes as a Phin. Can you believe that no one wanted him?

-Adewale Ogunleye, breaks his leg his senior year, draft value plummets. Two years later he sets a preseason sack record.

...and had he stayed healthy, we could've added Leon Searcy to this list.

It's guys like this that make up a championship team.

:cooldude:

Any stories I missed?

Sorry if I got some facts wrong, I was going by memory of what I read.

The individual stories on this team does inspirer one to to understand that if you have a dream and keep working hard at it, it can come true..now that they've made this far...I now hope they want it all..Here's to dreams do come true..

That avy rocks, P!! It's freaking hilarious!!

There are some good stories there!

Kind of like Drew Bledsoe, Rone & Bostic, Spoon (IR though...), Irons, Fletcher, Winfield, Jennings, Reed(somewhat), Morris, Big Pat, Coy Wire, and Trey Teague for us!

Originally posted by burghPhinFan
I got to thinking the other day about Ricky. What an inspirational story he is. By now we're all very aware of what he has gone through since joining the NFL. He has rebounded from almost quitting football to being the NFL's top rusher. I thought, what a motivational story not only for people suffering from the same social disorder that Ricky has, but for anyone trying to overcome adversity.
But then I thought, well that's almost nothing compared to Robert Edwards' story! By now, we're all very aware of his story also! He very nearly has part of his leg AMPUTATED, and after 2-3 years of incredibley hard work, he's on an NFL roster scoring touchdowns. An amazing display of this man's hard work, dedication and never-say-die attitude.
Then I took a step back and looked at the rest of the team. What a great group of guys displaying great character:

-Zach Thomas, a 5th round nobody when drafted, now a probowl LB

-Jamie Nails, cut from the Bills roster, is out of football for a year. Drops some weight and comes back as a dominating run blocker.

-Marcus Spriggs, rehabs from a season ending knee injury to back up the line

-Randy McMichael, drops to the 4th round in the draft, may very well compete for rookie MVP honors.

-Albert Johnson, a CFL player makes it to the NFL.

-Oronde Gadsden, Arena league player bounced from team to
team until he makes as a Phin. Can you believe that no one wanted him?

-Adewale Ogunleye, breaks his leg his senior year, draft value plummets. Two years later he sets a preseason sack record.

...and had he stayed healthy, we could've added Leon Searcy to this list.

It's guys like this that make up a championship team.

:cooldude:

Any stories I missed?

Sorry if I got some facts wrong, I was going by memory of what I read.

Plus O-gun was born into royalty. Kicked out of Nigeria as a teenager, came to America with his mother. Lived in poverty, then went to college. I forget what the link is to his life story.

brock marion wasnt wanted in dallas over here he will be a pro bowler

That avy rocks, P!! It's freaking hilarious!!
Thanks, it seems appropriate!
Plus O-gun was born into royalty. Kicked out of Nigeria as a teenager, came to America with his mother. Lived in poverty, then went to college. I forget what the link is to his life story.
Holy crap! I missed that one!

hey burgh,

you forgot our starting qb
-followed in that other guys footsteps. what was his name?
-walked into a qb controversy with damon huard
-booed at a Heat game
-has thrown 5 picks since week 7 debacle vs jets last year, yet cant shake the INT reputation
-6 4th quarter comeback wins last year and 25 wins as starter since 2000(highest in league), yet "this team will never win as long as fiedler is the qb."
-2nd highest qb rating in NFL

you forgot our starting qb
Holy crap! I can't believe I forgot him! When I was thinking of posting this, he was def. on the list. He was so cool in that 1st win in Buffalo, didn't seemed intimidated at all.

konrad..... everyone saying that he will be cut late in the offseason.... everyone hating him cuz he never did anything... then he gets a chance and BAM!!!!!

Look at all the different colleges these guys come from! Syracuse leads the list with Mare, Konrad, Greenwood and Burnett! Ain't that weird?

I think you forgot our back up QB and a few keys about Jay.

Feidler:Undrafted D1AA players, bounced around the league not being able to hold on to a 3rd string job, couldn't find a job as a QB so he coached QBs at Hofstra untill someone called, finally got a chance to back up a pro bowl Qb in Jacksonville, gets a big break when Dave Wanstedt calls and sais that the Dolphins are looking for a starter only to need hip surgery before the preseason starts.

Ray Lucas:Undrafted rookie free agent from Rutgers, didn't get a chance to play QB in first training camp, was reduced to playing special teams, played so well on special teams that Parcells made him his 3rd string QB only because he was his best special teams player in the preseason, only got a chance to play when the 2 qbs that were ahead of him went down with injury(dispite Mirer losing 6 out of 7 games), almost saved the Jets season when he carried a 1 win team to 6 wins in 9 trys, to be thanked for his late season heroics the Jets drafted a QB in the first round the following draft adn didn't try to resign him when he became an restricted free agent.

Originally posted by Dajesus
I think you forgot our back up QB and a few keys about Jay.
Feidler:Undrafted D1AA players, bounced around the league not being able to hold on to a 3rd string job, couldn't find a job as a QB so he coached QBs at Hofstra untill someone called, finally got a chance to back up a pro bowl Qb in Jacksonville, gets a big break when Dave Wanstedt calls and sais that the Dolphins are looking for a starter only to need hip surgery before the preseason starts.

yeah, jay got the call b/c wanny watched him torch us for 2 td's in mop-up duty for jax in...cmon everybody say it w/ me, "the 62-7 DEBACLE."

Back
Top Bottom