Look at what Norv Turner has done! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Look at what Norv Turner has done!

echo_bravo

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I found this little tidbit on the CNNSI.com team preview. Damn, he is really going to work wonders with the Fins offense!

"In 1996 in Washington, Turner's system produced 1,014 yards for 35-year-old Henry Ellard and a league-leading 19.5 yards per catch. Last season Turner oversaw a Chargers offense that had three receivers who averaged at least 15.6 yards a reception. Twenty-one teams didn't have even one. "
"

The great thing is, Chambers has already led the league in YPC. What will he do this year?!?!?!!

Hey echo_bravo...
are you the same dude over at the indystar MB?

Damn you really get their panties in a bunch... see you there next week. They all are saying the game they want to win the most is against MIA!

(look for PaintOnHisAlooSir)

I just hope Norv doesn't leave after this season, successful or not. i would like him around as long as possible. Unless Vince Lombardi comes back to life or something.

Yea I would love for him to be here at least 3 years..so we can learn his Offense inside out and then if he leaves Shula can come in and take over this O..and add a little of his own..but keep this O as the core..

Maybe this is a dumb statement, but what is so hard about creative play calling??? I know I don't know the finer points of being an OC...but for cryin out loud, if something doesn't work...try something else.........Hello, Chan....

So what is it that makes Norv so good?

Originally posted by inFINSible
So what is it that makes Norv so good?

What Norv does is use his playbook, he don't Plan to use it.

Nothing is scripted, he takes what he sees and tries to counter it.

Sure sounds simple huh?

Originally posted by chambers84
I just hope Norv doesn't leave after this season, successful or not. i would like him around as long as possible. Unless Vince Lombardi comes back to life or something.
you mean Howard Schnellenberger ;)

Yeah Finfan54, I was the guy on Indystar. I guess I am kicked off of something. "was it something I said"LOL I dont even waste my time over there anymore. They almost know as much about football as the Bills fans do. That isnt saying much.

I know he is the one that :monkey: in the Wheaties of some of the guys over at billsfanzone...They already have requests to ban him...:lol:

Finfan,
so you are PainOnHisAlooSir. yeah, I remember you. Keep up the great talk over there at Indystar. Man, they are all going to be disappointed once the "biggest game" this season will be a loss(to the Fins).

Hey Phins054, I dont know why they want to ban me. All I do is add my 2 cents and they cry about it. Guess they cant handle the truth. They just want to go through life in denial.

Originally posted by Ozzy

What Norv does is use his playbook, he don't Plan to use it.

Nothing is scripted, he takes what he sees and tries to counter it.

Sure sounds simple huh?

It sure does Ozzy......that's what I thought and that's why I asked.....It sounds so simple.

I guess the hard part is knowing what you're seeing from the defense.

Back
Top Bottom