Look what history Ronnie & Ricky can grab | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Look what history Ronnie & Ricky can grab

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Before the 2008 season, Ricky Williams was talking with Bill Parcells about his personal goals for the season. "Bill tells me they might be too high,'' he said at the time. "He says, 'Look, you're 31, you're not going to carry the ball as much ..."
Flash forward a year and look what's going on. Everyone knows Ronnie Brown and Williams are the playmakers for the Dolphins. Game after game, they show it. The two are benefiting from the other's presence in lightening the workload.
They're also are on course to do something only five other tandems of backs have done in NFL history.
Each rush for 1,000 yards
Brown has gained 491 yards so far for a 4.5 yard average per carry or 81.8 yards a game. At this rate, he'll finish with 1,308 yards.
Williams has gained 388 yards for a whopping 5.7 yards a carry. That's 66 yards a game. That'd be 1,056 for the year.
The five other teams: The 1972 Dolphins (Larry Csonka, Mercury Morris); 1976 Steelers (Franco Harris, Rocky Bleier); 1985 Browns (Kevin Mack, Ernest Byner); 2006 Falcons (Michael Vick, Warrick Dunn); 2008 Giants (Brandon Jacobs, Derrick Ward).
http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/columnists/hyde/blog/2009/10/_in_between_hosting_his.html

Ya I remember him talking about both of them having a 1000 yard season was a goal for them in Training Camp LAST year. I am glad to see that now they are actually on pace for it this year.

Back
Top Bottom