Looks like Chambers will have more pressure on his shoulders to make more plays. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looks like Chambers will have more pressure on his shoulders to make more plays.

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
While Chambers has had productive numbers in the last Couple of years I think its time to bring the game to a higher level and lead our receiving corps. He will once again lead our receiver groups because it sounds like David
Boston still has an ego that he should be bodybuilding and not playing
football. Its just hard for boston to put his weight down because it takes
hard work to gain muscle for most people and its still hard work for people
who don't need a lot of aids to gain muscle mass. It is also very ridiculous that he chooses to be ignorant to the fact that he really needs to wake his career up and start being more of a team player and not an outsider.

Moving on with the topic.....

If there is anything that Chambers needs to prove is that he can be a leader. He doesn't need to prove his abilities because we know what he can do on the field and how he behaves off the field as a person. He is a big play receiver and reminds me a lot about Michael Irving, a physical player who made big plays all of his career. He needs to step up his game more and
adjust to different player changes, althought there has been a lot of
inconsistency at the line and at qb in the past couple of seasons, Chambers has managed to put good numbers out there and entertain us with his crazy catches. I hope the best for him this upcoming season.

J55

Actually, even if Boston repeats his "dissapointing" season of last year for us, it will take a HUGE load off of Chris Chamber's shoulders.

Boston was around 260 last year with San Diego. He has already lost 20 pounds, and Wanny wants him to lose more. He should put up better numbers than he did last year. Also, Derrius Thompson HAS to be better this year. It's almost impossible for him to not improve.

We will have a very solid WR core this year.

I am not as worried about Boston as most people seem to be. First of all, I believe Sullivan will keep/get Boston in line. By all accounts they have a great relationship and I doubt Boston wants to jeopardize that. Secondly, even if Boston doesn't lose another pound he is already 20-25 pounds lighter that he was lasy year in SD. He is probably not quite at the ideal weight (which I think the Dolphins have said would be around 220), but he's alot closer than he was last year.
Besides he still as 2 and a half months until TC opens, maybe/hopefully he is just being stubborn and will lose the weight on his timetable.
Either way this guy is going to make the offense much better.

pigskinguy said:
I am not as worried about Boston as most people seem to be. First of all, I believe Sullivan will keep/get Boston in line. By all accounts they have a great relationship and I doubt Boston wants to jeopardize that. Secondly, even if Boston doesn't lose another pound he is already 20-25 pounds lighter that he was lasy year in SD. He is probably not quite at the ideal weight (which I think the Dolphins have said would be around 220), but he's alot closer than he was last year.
Besides he still as 2 and a half months until TC opens, maybe/hopefully he is just being stubborn and will lose the weight on his timetable.
Either way this guy is going to make the offense much better.

He really needs to help this team and help our quarterbacks as well. While Jay Fielder has had lackluster seasons, I believe he's capable of at least dumping passes to receivers and moving around the pocket with his feet.

I am hoping with the cast of characters aroung him (Ricky, Chambers, Boston, McMichael, an improved line (hopfully)) even Feidler will be able to look good.

All this talk about Boston and his weight...has anyone ever thought whats going to happen when training camp opens and the team goes through some two-a-days? And what kind of effect the workouts and heat will do on anyone's body weight? Boston will be fine come opening day, i dont think there will be a problem with that.

I dont think he will have to work harder... i still think they must respect boston or else... everything should be alot easier for him...i hope!

Hey pb1300

Unfortunately the guy only has like 6% body fat so he has to lose muscle to get down to his weight not fat. That will probably be tough. I'm still optimistic he'll do it by the end of training camp though.

What people need to realize is that the Boston situation is a lot like the Seau situation was last season. David Boston is not the "save all" at the WR postion as Junior was not brought in here to be the "save all" at LB. Boston just needs to be an upgrade over the 26 catch wonder Derrius Thompson and he will be just as Junior was an upgrade over Derrick Rodgers. Junior Seau will be a better LB at 50 years old than Derrick Rodgers will ever be.

At the moment, things aren't clicking between Boston and the staff. He signed a contract to play at a certain way. He agreed and he has to honor it by any means. He has been distancing himself from his teamates from what I seen in camp and refuses to put an effort toward playing on a certain degree of pain. The shin injury in my opinion has not been from the weight but probably from a lack of stretching or discomfort.

Get a better arm to get him the ball. Fielder leaves it up for grabs.

Then again that is Norv's style- vertical passing. CHambers will now run the slant and the slant-go where his plant step for the go employs a swim move up and over the db's outside shoulder and he gets 2 steps seperation.

Now teams don't load up deep so he can get there more, safeties play in closer vs. west coast to cover the flats or the under routes.

You cannot coach speed , Chambers is on that elite level. Expect good play no matter what. Expect great play if the QN answers the call.

Guys, this is where Boston WANTS to be. Jerry Sullivan and Mark Trestman again, and hes on a WINNING TEAM, one with alot of potential at that. He will not throw it all away for something stupid like refusing to lose a few more pounds etc. He will be at the weight by the end of the offseason and he will be much more improved, even if he was still at 260, he had 700 yards or so!!!! How long has it been since our #2 had even close to that??? Mcknight and all of those guys were around 300 lol!! Boston should easily surpass his yards last year. Everyone is just too damn paranoid!!! chill out. It will all work out. Bostons been getting to know all the teammates also i dont know where youre hearing hes distancing himself the same as in SD and isnt a teamplayer.

Phinfan31 said:
Guys, this is where Boston WANTS to be. Jerry Sullivan and Mark Trestman again, and hes on a WINNING TEAM, one with alot of potential at that. He will not throw it all away for something stupid like refusing to lose a few more pounds etc. He will be at the weight by the end of the offseason and he will be much more improved, even if he was still at 260, he had 700 yards or so!!!! How long has it been since our #2 had even close to that??? Mcknight and all of those guys were around 300 lol!! Boston should easily surpass his yards last year. Everyone is just too damn paranoid!!! chill out. It will all work out. Bostons been getting to know all the teammates also i dont know where youre hearing hes distancing himself the same as in SD and isnt a teamplayer.

Its great to dream and hope that Boston does well with us. But as far as I'm concerned, he has started regressing back into his old habits.

Similar to a drug addict. They come off drugs cold turkey and change everything about their lives to stay away from the stuff...but then all of sudden you start to see their old habits creep back into their lives and you just KNOW they have started using again one way or the other.

Boston may not be addicted to drugs but he seems addicted to bodybuilding to the point where he has this mindset that if his body doesn't look a certain way, he may think he looks FAT. Notice how OBLIVIOUS he is to the fact that being that big and muscular can harm his career as a WR in the NFL. It is so damn obvious from John Gamble to us as fans that this is true. I'm sure they have told him time and time again that his legs are not built to support all that weight while doing severe cuts and quicksprints. David gives them the okey doke....then goes home, looks in the mirror, says screw that and starts lifting.

I truly hope he can stay on the field. It would be a HUGE plus if he stays healthy during training camp/preseason.

He will once again lead our receiver groups because it sounds like David
Boston still has an ego that he should be bodybuilding and not playing
football. Its just hard for boston to put his weight down because it takes
hard work to gain muscle for most people and its still hard work for people
who don't need a lot of aids to gain muscle mass

I like how you come to this conclusion because of a report that Boston took longer to show up for a team huddle (while sitting out of practice due to shin split) than Larry Chester, and reports that Boston is about 5 or 10 pounds heavier than the coaches want hmi to be.

Back
Top Bottom