Looks like Jeff Garcia will be available | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looks like Jeff Garcia will be available

MARLINSFAN305

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Link

John McVay, the 49ers' director of football operations, said "There's no way in the world Garcia will be back with his current contract. We have made what the organization considers a very, very fair offer. It's been on the table for some time. We've not heard back from them. If we can make it happen, let's do it. If not, we'll go forward." Garcia has to take a pay cut or he could be headed elsewhere.

I'd love to have Garcia, but he'll be too expensive IMO. If Brunell was too much for us, there's no way Garcia would be cheaper....

We're better off going after Ramsey / Henson....

You never know what will happen in this league however, and Garcia would certainly be an upgrade over Fiedler....

Once we find out more, we can go from there, but right now I'd be happy with either Ramsey / Rivers / or Henson...

PHINZ RULE!!!:pirate:

the strange things is why does SF not just do the same thing as Jax and try to get a team to trade for Garcia instead of releasing him :hmmm:

Garcia has injury problems and he likes to force things. He's better than Fiedler, but the $$ he commands is too much for us.

Last edited:
Funny thing is Garcia was almost a Fin, if it wasn't for Bill Walsh(I think) he would of been a fin instead of a 9er.

Hate to say it Fin Fans. But after Brunell going to the deadskins, looks more an more like we are stuck with Jay "no arm" Fiedler for at least another season.:mad:

I don't think the deadskins are going to let Ramsey go. But i hope they do.;)

Originally posted by Brad528
Who cares he sucks

He's better than Brunell, or anyone else we have on our roster at this time. If you think he sucks, that's fine, but I don't agree....

Garcia is mobile as hell when he needs to be. He's accurate as hell, and his deep ball is much better than Fielders....

Who do you think TO was catching all those TD passes from anyway???...

IMO, Garcia was, and still is the best QB available this off-season.

PHINZ RULE!!!:cool:

Garcia has NO deep ball....that's why TO doesn't like him.

According to the local papers, Garcia was offerred a salary of 5 mill. a year plus incentives that could reach another 1.5 mill. The offer was rejected b/c Garcia was seeking a higher incentive package. Apparently the salary is acceptable.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Garcia has NO deep ball....that's why TO doesn't like him.

And Fiedler does????....:rolleyes:

WR T. Owens leaving the 49ers has absolutely nothing to do with Garcia, or his passing abilities. He's leaving because he's an egotistical, greedy, never satisfied cry baby....:cry:

PHINZ RULE!!!

:pirate:

Originally posted by inFINSible
Garcia has NO deep ball....

So what...I always have to pick up my deep ball when I sit down. Sometimes my deep ball sticks to the side of my leg.

What's the purpose of the deep ball anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom