Looks like Thompson is the guy. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looks like Thompson is the guy.

KB21

Club Member
Reaction score
"He's outstanding," Jones said of Thompson. "I know I sound like a parrot, but all the people we had are good. He's particularly good. Probably of all the candidates, he's had such a varied background. He's very solid."

Jones said even without Wolf's recommendation, the Dolphins planned to interview Thompson but had to wait until Seattle was eliminated from the playoffs.

"We had him on our list from the beginning," Jones said. "But (Wolf's recommendation) did carry a lot of weight."

The Ron Wolf and Ted Thompson show in Miami.

This is premature. Jones had positive things to say about everyone he interviewed.

IMO you are reading too much into this quote. As fiatic said they have had positive things to say about all of the candidates

hopefullly we will find out today Dolphins Interview Thompson; May Make GM Offer On Monday

with all the BS out there so far I am sure not who I want to take over; other than that I always Mueller since I thought he w/b the most independent. Seems like we found a bunch of "good" candidate, but only wanted to hire Wolf from the beginning.

I don't think he's reading too much into that comment at all...

That sounds great to me.:D

I think having TT as GM, and RW as his consultant would be the begining of something very special in Miami. They are two of the best talent evaluators in the league IMO. We would be looking very nice with them onboard.....

Hire Ted Thompson!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

how old is tompson? i dunno, i get the feeling miami is gonna regret not getting Savage.

One of the rules of community theater is: the last person to audition is not necessarily the one who gets cast. I think you could say the same thing here.

I must say I'm impressed with the professionalism the front office has shown in these interviews: taking some time, interviewing minority candidates who weren't "tokens," even granting Paul Warfield an interview. Now, I just hope we get the right guy. (And I wish I knew who the right guy is!) :)

Thompson was hand picked by Wolf, wasn't he? So that was probably what Wolf said. If you want me, hire this guy. He'll jump when I tell him too, he was my assistant once.

That's what I'm thinking, 1354......that's not a bad thing either....

I see it too, the way miami is so interested with Wolf it's amost a sure bet that they're gonna hire Thompson.

Too bad, because I believe the Newsome/Savage combo in Baltimore has been doing a better job than Wolf/Thompson in Green Bay earlier.

clear.gif

clear.gif

hold onto your hats...

Originally posted by Jnaledu3
crap.. that didnt work
fixed...

we could have to wait for a while, a long while...
It is known the Dolphins want to interview Philadelphia vice president of player personnel Tom Heckert Jr., but the Eagles are still in the playoffs.

Heckert Jr. is the former Dolphins personnel man and son of Dolphins assistant director of pro personnel Tom Heckert.
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/7688823.htm

Back
Top Bottom