Looks like we're trading for R.Williams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looks like we're trading for R.Williams

Are more in favor of exploring a trade or are they up in arms about the whole thing?
You can pretty much read what has already been written here to gauge the response of our fans.
Welcome.

I would say some fans would like to see RW traded, maybe as much as 30%. He's not the type of back who will break many long ones, but he does punish defenders and usually get positve yards. The only reason the Saints might consider it is because Deuce McAllister is on the roster. Many of the fans like him because he is a breakaway threat.

I was thinking the Saints cap hit would be cut in half if the deal were delayed until after June 1. Since that is way after the draft, the deal would probably have to involve veterans or any unsigned draftees. That's why I was curious as to which postions the Dolphins have significant depth so as to be able to offer some additional value to the Saints.

Thanks for the welcome,

Dan
SaintsReport.com

PS- You might like to visit our board and read some of the opinions for yourself. We have almost 2000 registered users so you will see a very wide variety of opinions from them. It is the same Vbulletin software so it should be very easy for you to navigate. My handle over there is "Dan in Lafayette".

Re: Re: Re: another amazing Ricky fact

Originally posted by dolphan39
Lamar had 313 attempts too, but lost only 5 :rolleyes: Of course, he only 968 yards vs. 1245

I think the 300 yards make up for a bunch of fumbles.:)

Originally posted by Obidan
I would say some fans would like to see RW traded, maybe as much as 30%. He's not the type of back who will break many long ones, but he does punish defenders and usually get positve yards. The only reason the Saints might consider it is because Deuce McAllister is on the roster. Many of the fans like him because he is a breakaway threat.

I was thinking the Saints cap hit would be cut in half if the deal were delayed until after June 1. Since that is way after the draft, the deal would probably have to involve veterans or any unsigned draftees. That's why I was curious as to which postions the Dolphins have significant depth so as to be able to offer some additional value to the Saints.

Thanks for the welcome,

Dan
SaintsReport.com

PS- You might like to visit our board and read some of the opinions for yourself. We have almost 2000 registered users so you will see a very wide variety of opinions from them. It is the same Vbulletin software so it should be very easy for you to navigate. My handle over there is "Dan in Lafayette".

Hey,
I will check out your site later, and it surprises me that so many people want him to be traded, but it was the same with McNown, and we bought in. We have depth at CB that we would probably trade, some of our safties also bring attention to teams. I notice the Saints struggle at CB, so maybe something like Surtain and someone for Williams could happen, since we just drafted a CB in the first round. Surtain would create a cap hit for us as well, since he just put ink on a big deal last season after making the pro bowl before we made the dumb choice of selected a guy at a position we needed the least in the first round. Besides that, I don't think there is much depth on this team except we could trade one of our DTs.

Obidan............

Originally posted by Obidan

Thanks for the welcome,

Dan
SaintsReport.com

Welcome to our board.;) Feel free to post as you wish. It's nice to see a saints fan's perspective of this possible trade.:cool:

I would think the Saints would have interest in players at all three positions you mentioned. CB is a definite need. We need more speed than what we have at FS. We probably will not be able to resign La'Roi Glover either which will leave a hole at DT. There are also rumors that we may change over to the 3-4 defense which would lead to a shortage of LB's for us. Again, it would probably have to happen after June 1 for the Saints even to consider it.

Dan

This is the kind of a deal the Dolphins need to get to the top, but never seem to make. In the 70's the aquisition of Warfield put the Dolphins over the top, this could be the deal for 2003 (if Spielman and Wanstedt are willing to pull the trigger).

bachbill.............

Originally posted by bachbill
This is the kind of a deal the Dolphins need to get to the top, but never seem to make. In the 70's the aquisition of Warfield put the Dolphins over the top, this could be the deal for 2003 (if Spielman and Wanstedt are willing to pull the trigger).

My sentiments exactly!;)

Re: so far..

Originally posted by burghPhinFan
I would have to say the secondary. I heard rumors of Surtain getting traded for a pick from the Bengals.

It is very doubtfull Surtain will go anywhere. He signed a deal last year that garunteed him a 8mill signing bonus, and he only got about 1 mill last season that would make Miami take a hit of 7mill(reported for Chris Mortenson of ESPN). I really have no idea who would be involved in this trade. Madison would cause about a 5mill cap hit if traded, I doubt our #1 pick we get traded since we only have 5 picks in the draft, the only thoughts I have right now are maybe a safety(marion or Freeman), Fletcher, and a wr(ward, Mcknight).

Back
Top Bottom