Looks Like WR @ 21 MIGHT Be The Move. If So, Who? | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looks Like WR @ 21 MIGHT Be The Move. If So, Who?

If WR Is The Pick @ 21...Who?

• Total voters
Don't overlook Jalynn Polk (UW) as a day 2 possibility.

I would not be mad at this. Every time I watch any highlights of Michael Penix, it turns out to be a Jalynn Polk highlight film.
I like Polk, but he seems to drop the ball to much. But if we do a trade down I’d love to get Jalen McMillan the 3rd if we could.

Why? We are pretty loaded at edge. They take a while to come along. So, you want to use our first round pick to draft a rookie who somehow has an impact in the 1 to 3 games Chubb and Phillips might miss at the very beginning of his rookie season? This isn't Madden.
And will save 25 million when we let Chubb go next year .That's his 3 acl tear your right it's not Madden it's a business.

Man 70 percent want Brian Thomas, maybe need to go watch more :)
Out of the WR options.

I would hope 70% do not want to draft a limited route running WR at #21 over any other option.

To the contrary, the wr class is very deep this year and a good young wideout on their rookie contract will be a necessity for this offence to continue to function at a high level in the next few years… so at 21 or 55 I expect the Fins will likely draft a WR
Waddle won't be getting a new deal for 2 more seasons and Tyreek should play his contract out.

How is this a necessity for the next few years or success? I'm lost.

It's legit the ONLY position group on the offense that is top to bottom good enough right now.

I'm a firm believer in BPA, and if that doesn't align with a position that immediately helps or has the proper value, unlike WR, you trade back and acquire more assets...

We have the best WR duo in the league yet the only way we'll have sustained success the next 2 years is to draft another with a premium resource on a roster full of holes in the trenches?

FH is where common sense goes to die..

Worthy is just skin painted on bones though. How does a 6 foot 172 lb WR come in and last in the NFL? Not saying he couldn't be successful early in his career. Of course he can bulk up but how does that impact his top attribute, speed? We want someone at least to be here for 5 years. To me, Worthy is a risk.
Devonta Smith says hello.

Attachments

• IMG_7084.jpeg
    IMG_7084.jpeg
    28 KB · Views: 4
If you watch the coverage on the majority of big plays McConkey makes….. ehh, I don’t know how much NFL success he’s going to have. He really struggled against legit pro talented defenses.

Not only BTJ, but I’d take Mitchell, Worthy, Franklin, Leggette, and several others over him.

Pearsall is interesting but he’s another “older” prospect with a high floor/lower ceiling. We need someone who has the potential to take over for Tyreek in a year or two.

My concern with Grier trading back(which is the smartest thing we can do) has been how he pivots poorly in the new spot. Maybe it was a lack of preparedness or he got played.. but I hope he has plans in place for picks from 21-55(or whatever trade discussions they've had) and doesn't make a panicked decision this year.

Out of the WR options.

I would hope 70% do not want to draft a limited route running WR at #21 over any other option.
Question? Were his routes limited simply because he was so effective with the ones he ran and didn't really need to do much more in that offense?

Or does he struggle to learn routes, which is an entirely different scenario? I don't know the answer. I haven't dug that deep.

What I do know is he had 17 touchdown catches and was a nightmare to cover. He looks like one of the better 50/50 winners too, although I think Coleman is better there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom