Looks Like WR @ 21 MIGHT Be The Move. If So, Who? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looks Like WR @ 21 MIGHT Be The Move. If So, Who?

If WR Is The Pick @ 21...Who?

• Total voters
Leggette scares me a bit... he's a one year wonder type of player. This type of player always strikes me as boom or bust.
I mean... he LOOKS like a taller Tyreek Hill, but he's awfully green and seems to be more of a contested catch guy than anything else.

I think he fits 2-3rd round.
I think Spenser rattler may of had something to do with the lack of production when he wasn’t there.

And again I thought the poll was who would we pick if we had to?

I’d gamble on Leggette over Thomas

Reciever depth is very good in the draft. Still want to trade back and pick up another mid-round pick or two. We have "bodies" to fill most of our holes, but we don't have long-term answers. We need draft picks to infuse our roster with lower cap implications and replace higher priced vets.
There has to be a "balance" between those two.

Everybody is looking at our free agent moves and trying to use that to eliminate positions we would take in the draft. I think the total opposite is going on. Grier is getting enough guys from a whole spectrum of positions so that he can take the BPA, whatever that position may be. So, without knowing who is available, we have no idea what position we will be going.

This is a real possibility.

I would add that there is also the choice of going BPA or best player at a position of need, long or short term, with an emphasis on long term at each draft position we now have.

I would add that the FO has made this all a reasonable possibility, due to all the new players and their positions that we have brought in so far this season.

There has to be a "balance" between those two.
The question of 'will this player be an immediate starter' vs. 'Can this player become a 10 year starter' is always a controversial topic.
Some brothers demand that a player be great right out of the box and have no patience for development.

When we were bad, I was ALWAYS willing to swing for the fences... but now that we're in the window, I'm leaning the other way.

Tough call though.

If Miami does draft a WR at #21. I'm hoping it's someone who can separate with regularity and give Miami something in the short to intermediate passing game. I chose Leggette. But I'd also take McConkey as well. Both are huge in that area.

I'd lean Barton, because Miami won't have to many chances to draft OL of that caliber, assuming they keep making the playoffs. Also, Thomas Jr, as talented as he is, will likely have a limited role to start, and particularly in Miami, it might take him a while to get up to speed. It's one of the reasons I'm so high on McConkey Day 1 and Rice Day 2. They're guys that should pick up the offense quicker than the other WR's available to Miami.
Sound reasoning, as far as I can see.

Back
Top Bottom