looks more and more that saban might... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

looks more and more that saban might...

uga3406

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
take a war with the phins 1st overall pic, no matter where it might be. I think with all the secondary help they have addressed this offseason , im gambling to say they have enough of them to go around. i think a chad jackson or holmes or moss would be great pick. We need a bruner wr and no ofense to welker he doesnt cut it. With jackson u could have him as the # 3 wr this year and then grom his slowly whenever booker is hurt or for the 2008 year as a starter. Another wr i love to pick up in the 7th rd if he is there would be Skylar Green of Lsu. I really like his speed and kickoff returns. once again to ofense to wes but i honestly think he would be a great steal in the 7th.

I dont like the idea of drafting a WR in the first, we need D players. Maybe a WR on day two

Nick has already said wide receiver is a "secondary" priority. I fully understand the pull a wide receiver has but I just think there are better choices for us.

What I think Saban is saying is that WR is a secondary priority for Free Agency. We only got 3 good ones and the draft will need to find some more as in Chad Jackson of Santonio Holmes.

Saban seems to have shored up the secondary except for free safety. therefore if Jimmy Williams (FS potential) is not there at 16, the WRs may get picked.

I dont see an OL in the first that will be taken. Maybe third.

If we trade down to late in the first, then Nick Mangold may be a possibility for starting center.

Chad Jackson is amazing ive been wachen him since im a UF fan hes a Fast BIg WR total package i dont see us pasing him up if we adress Saftey by gettiing shulters back an pick up L.A or Peterson we should get Jackson

One area where Saban is much like BB is his desire to control the LOS - especially on defense. To that end, I envision us taking a guy within the front seven ie. Watson, Bunkley, Lawson or Greenway. Just look how many 1st round d-linemen BB has taken recently, Seymour, Wilfork and Warren.

When Saban says that WR is not a position that needs upgrade then it means we can draft a WR at 16...Nick's good at not showing his hand....WR could be the best value at 16 depending on who's there....if we get our LB in free agency and with all the DB's we've gotten then Nick will take the best player on his board...don't be surprise if that players is a WR.

Ozzy rules!!

I think that one possibility is draft Jimmy Williams at #16. SF 49ers will draft Michael Huff, Arizona Vernon Davis and Rams, Detroit and Falcons, in my opinion, will not draft Jimmy Williams. If Jimmy Williams is available i think that Saban draft him (Chad Jackson is the other possibility)...

firestorm said:
I think that one possibility is draft Jimmy Williams at #16. SF 49ers will draft Michael Huff, Arizona Vernon Davis and Rams, Detroit and Falcons, in my opinion, will not draft Jimmy Williams. If Jimmy Williams is available i think that Saban draft him (Chad Jackson is the other possibility)...

So wait where does Hawk go? The Raiders? That would mean that Vince Young is at 16? Uhhh doubtful...

Taking Chad Jackson would be a good idea and right now there are alot of way Miami can go. Alot will tell us by who else we pick up in FA before the Draft begins

I'd love to have Jackson. Our WR depth worries me.

SpeedRush99 said:
I'd love to have Jackson. Our WR depth worries me.

our defense depth and o-line depth worry me. Nick has already stated(and maybe lied) that receiver was a "secondary" priority, that he is happy with what we have.

Back
Top Bottom