"Losman did not play well" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Losman did not play well"

zach13

Mad Dog
Reaction score
Buffalo sports writer -

"Still, it was jarring to see Losman in his first real action as the starter in Saturday night's preseason game at Indianapolis. Losman did not play well. He seemed nervous and skittish, like a player who had spent countless hours studying film and was overly eager to justify himself. "

"Losman looked like a rookie - and let's be honest, that's essentially what he is. Playing against a Colts defense that was missing seven starters, he was 2 for 8 for just 5 yards on his first three series. He short-armed a couple of throws and didn't set his feet before delivering on a couple of occasions. "

"The question is, how patient should the Bills be? I'd rather go 7-9 with Losman than 9-7 with Bledsoe."

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050815/3058783.asp

What do you think, Bills fans? Would you be patient enough to go 7-9 with Losman?

zachseau13 said:
Buffalo sports writer -

"Still, it was jarring to see Losman in his first real action as the starter in Saturday night's preseason game at Indianapolis. Losman did not play well. He seemed nervous and skittish, like a player who had spent countless hours studying film and was overly eager to justify himself. "

"Losman looked like a rookie - and let's be honest, that's essentially what he is. Playing against a Colts defense that was missing seven starters, he was 2 for 8 for just 5 yards on his first three series. He short-armed a couple of throws and didn't set his feet before delivering on a couple of occasions. "

"The question is, how patient should the Bills be? I'd rather go 7-9 with Losman than 9-7 with Bledsoe."

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050815/3058783.asp

What do you think, Bills fans? Would you be patient enough to go 7-9 with Losman?

The only people more negative about the Bills than FinFans are the Buffalo sportswriters....

That being said, we will not do any worse with Losman than Bledsoe... the man was a liability. 43 turnovers his last 32 games... enough said, time to move on.

They failed to mention the 3 dropped balls that hit the recievers directly in the hands and the bomb where evans got tripped up in those first 8 passes.

Now... on to you Zachseau.... Its OK for you to read about the bills in the paper, or did you get the link to that story from a Bills site.... cause I that it was lame to visit other teams sites?

Losman7 said:
Now... on to you Zachseau.... Its OK for you to read about the bills in the paper, or did you get the link to that story from a Bills site.... cause I that it was lame to visit other teams sites?

Wow, you seem really interested in my reading habits.

Since you asked, I go to a few sites for daily information.

In the world of sports besides ESPN, CNNSI & FOXSPORTS, I also use a site called Newspaperlinks.com, mostly to keep track of other AFC East squads. It has links to all the major newspapers.

Thanks for asking.

It dosn't matter, preseason dosn't mean anything anyway.

Jerry Sullivan, the writer of the column quoted, is infamous for knocking the Bills at every opportunity. He didn't like Bledsoe. He doesn't like GM Tom Donahoe. He's not particularly fond of owner Ralph Wilson. He must like HC Mike Mularkey because he doesn't diss him much. That Sullivan doesn't totally pan Losman is about as positive as this writer will get. If the Bills won the Super Bowl, Sullivan would find something to criticize!
:down:

I watched the game. Losman impressed me as knowing what he was doing. Yeah, he was nervous and excited on the first couple of series and, yes, he made mistakes, but he settled down and got better. He showed pocket presence and play-making ability. He showed the ability to look for secondary receivers. He led the Bills on a nice 2 minute drill to get a TD from Gabari Greer's INT as the 2nd quarter wound down.

After seeing Losman play, I think the Bills could go 10-6 and maybe make the playoffs (11-5 is a stretch, I think). If Losman can keep from making fatal errors and drive the Bills to TDs when the D and ST give them short fields, the team will do well. :D

Kinzua said:
Jerry Sullivan, the writer of the column quoted, is infamous for knocking the Bills at every opportunity.

His opinion has been echoed by every column that I have read so far.

Losman7 said:
They failed to mention the 3 dropped balls that hit the recievers directly in the hands and the bomb where evans got tripped up in those first 8 passes.

You've never once mentioned the throw into double coverage that was deflected and into Haddad's hands for a lucky first down. It goes both ways.

Kinzua said:
After seeing Losman play, I think the Bills could go 10-6 and maybe make the playoffs (11-5 is a stretch, I think).

I'd say 8-8 is a stretch.

Bah media is always doom and gloom....the Miami press does the same crap.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
You've never once mentioned the throw into double coverage that was deflected and into Haddad's hands for a lucky first down. It goes both ways.

That was later.....

But it dosen't matter... I wasn't really concerned with anything more than Losman getting experiance, if he throws better than 50% and leads the team on a TD dr at the end of a half even better... i'm not reading much into it, but for his first start he did exactly what i wanted....

There are no cut Losman, trade Losman, why did we get Losman?, threads on the Bills sites....

He played exactly the way I expected him to play. A rookie trying to get experience but w/ tons of potential. To some, they say he sucked to some he was decent. Opinions will vary depending on what people expected. A rookie or a future HOF. I have concerns about how he played , but I also have faith that in time our coaches will do what needs to be done. Even if it meant starting Holcomb. I don't have a problem w/ that. I'd have a problem if I had AJ and Gus as our qb though.

Justasportsfan said:
He played exactly the way I expected him to play. A rookie trying to get experience but w/ tons of potential. To some, they say he sucked to some he was decent. Opinions will vary depending on what people expected. A rookie or a future HOF. I have concerns about how he played , but I also have faith that in time our coaches will do what needs to be done. Even if it meant starting Holcomb. I don't have a problem w/ that. I'd have a problem if I had AJ and Gus as our qb though.

I have no predictions on Losman. Way too early to tell.

Regarding other QBs ont he roster.

Gus > Holcomb

FinfanInBuffalo said:

Gus > Holcomb

Holcomb has had some really good games and some really bad games...

I wouldn't want either as my starter.

FinfanInBuffalo said:

Gus > Holcomb
I'll take Kelly over Gus. To each his own, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom