Love Me Mike McD - On Coffee - Too Funny! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Love Me Mike McD - On Coffee - Too Funny!

phinsforlife

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Yup, McDaniel is hilarious. Yup, Dan Snyder is a toolbag. Yup, the coffee should be free. However, and this is a bit of an aside, the tipping thing is outta control. I am sorry, for my to go coffee, no tip! Even worse they shove the thing in your face now, and the options are like 20%, 25%, 30%, all for some entitled millennial baby to serve you a cup of to go. I am a generous tipper in a restaurant, but that is a very different job and version of service with a different comp structure. Steve Ross, for all his flaws, I bet he pays for the coffee. Anyway Mike, keep drinking the coffee, and send Snyder the bill!

Last edited:
Yup, McDaniel is hilarious. Yup, Dan Snyder is a toolbag. Yup, the coffee should be free. However, and this is a bit of an aside, the tipping thing is outta control. I am sorry, for my to go coffee, no tip! Even worse they shove the thing in your face now, and the options are like 20%, 25%, 30%, all for some entitled millennial baby to serve you a cup of to go. I am a generous tipper in a restaurant, but that is a very different job and version of service with a different comp structure. Steve Ross, for all his flaws, I bet he pays for the coffee. Anyway Mike, keep drinking the coffee, and send Snyder the bill!

Snyder made his coaches pay for their coffee everyday??? Dang.

I don't know how it is under Ross, but I worked for the Dolphins a couple of years under Huizenga - a top notch organization. During camp, 3 catered meals a day for free and year-round, all drinks were free - soda, gatorade, etc. There was a wall of vending machines, but no cash involved. Just walk up, press a button, and your selection automatically comes out. Too bad the pay was horrible though, but what do you expect? Players, coaches, and upper level execs make good coin, nobody else.

I don't know how it is under Ross, but I worked for the Dolphins a couple of years under Huizenga - a top notch organization. During camp, 3 catered meals a day for free and year-round, all drinks were free - soda, gatorade, etc. There was a wall of vending machines, but no cash involved. Just walk up, press a button, and your selection automatically comes out. Too bad the pay was horrible though, but what do you expect? Players, coaches, and upper level execs make good coin, nobody else.
Very interesting. Huizenga seemed pretty solid and did alot of the right things. Surprised they weren't more successful under him. Shows you sometimes there is alot of luck involved, good and bad. Look at the Pats, without Brady, no good. The whole Pats way thing was BS, same for Bellicheat. They lucked into Brady. It wasn't about process or anything else. Just dumb luck! Dolphins on the other hand, a lot of bad luck. Although to be fair, we did screw some stuff up too pretty good. But again, having said all that, a guy like Brady covers up a lot of mistakes, so luck really does matter.

Well, coffee is not free....

Reminds me of when I once applied for a job at a small town newspaper, afterwards I walked out the door with a copy of the day's paper and the owner chased me down a block from the office and said I owed him a quarter for the paper. Which of course I gave it to him. But I was thinking... it's just a quarter, nobody steals a .25 newspaper.

Last edited:

Dang dude really? What did you do there? The pay was really that bad? That doesn't seem right, I mean, you think they would keep a staff Pais nicely

Reminds me of when I once applied for a job at a small town newspaper, afterwards I walked out the door with a copy of the day's paper and the owner chased me down a block from the office and said I owed him a quarter for the paper. Which of course I gave it to him. But I was thinking... it's just a quarter, nobody steals a .25 newspaper.
the good old days, now they cost a bunch more, and all suck!

Well, coffee is not free....
No it's not and someone has to pay for it. Snyder did not. Huizenga did.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've worked anywhere where coffee in the break room wasn't free to the employees. Kinda boggles the mind an organization worth $6B doesn't offer that perk.

Then again, hard to imagine a team owner ordering a team employee to take nude photos of cheerleaders for him and not expecting to get called out on it eventually.

Dang dude really? What did you do there? The pay was really that bad? That doesn't seem right, I mean, you think they would keep a staff Pais nicely
Yeah. In grad school, I interned in the Records department for a semester and then moved to intern for another 6 months in the contracts/salary cap area (best working experience I ever had in life). Unfortunately, no jobs opened in that area when my internship was over, but I did get a full time job in the accounting department. I worked there for another year, but I was 25 and it was past time to fly on my own lol.

Yeah, the pay was REALLY bad. All the positions are salaried positions and if I just worked 40 hours a week it was less than $10 an hour, but when you add in how much OT you work during the season, it was even below minimum wage on an hourly basis. Yeah, it was 25 years ago, but damn, you couldn't live on that back then either. They can pay like that because there are plenty of people who want to work for an NFL team. If you have a job that is not specialized for an NFL team - accountant, IT, administrative assistant, janitor, etc., they can pay well below market average because there is ALWAYS somebody who will take less to work there.

Yeah. In grad school, I interned in the Records department for a semester and then moved to intern for another 6 months in the contracts/salary cap area (best working experience I ever had in life). Unfortunately, no jobs opened in that area when my internship was over, but I did get a full time job in the accounting department. I worked there for another year, but I was 25 and it was past time to fly on my own lol.

Yeah, the pay was REALLY bad. All the positions are salaried positions and if I just worked 40 hours a week it was less than $10 an hour, but when you add in how much OT you work during the season, it was even below minimum wage on an hourly basis. Yeah, it was 25 years ago, but damn, you couldn't live on that back then either. They can pay like that because there are plenty of people who want to work for an NFL team. If you have a job that is not specialized for an NFL team - accountant, IT, administrative assistant, janitor, etc., they can pay well below market average because there is ALWAYS somebody who will take less to work there.
but at least you got the free covoffee!

Interesting. I guess I just figured everyone was well paid. Cool story tho bro!! That's awesome other than the pay issue

Back
Top Bottom