LSU now the #3 team in America | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LSU now the #3 team in America

SMadison29 said:
It doesn't matter now. Miami was the only realistic team that had a chance to match up with USC's offense, & after this week's underachieving performance that pipe dream is over. Neither Texas, LSU, Penn State, or Virginia Tech has what it takes to best USC.

So let me get this right...

Miami, a team that lost to Georgia Tech is the only team out of the bunch that "has what it takes to face USC?"

Fresno State, the 16th ranked team with a bad defense took USC down to the wire AT USC'S HOUSE, but LSU, the 3rd ranked team in the country with a DOMINATING defense can't hang???

I just love some of the comments from you LSU/SEC haters. It's hilarious.

I'm not saying we are going to the National Championship. Because I don't see Texas or USC losing.

But for you to say "we don't have what it takes" is funny as hell when you probably have not watched LSU a whole bunch this year. How do you know that? You probably would agree that Fresno didn't "have what it takes," but they took them down to the wire.

Miami, a team that lost to Georgia Tech is the only team out of the bunch that "has what it takes to face USC?"

Their defense has what it takes to match up with USC. The offense leaves more to be desired, but like I said, they underachieved & lost that opportunity.

Fresno State, the 16th ranked team with a bad defense took USC down to the wire AT USC'S HOUSE, but LSU, the 3rd ranked team in the country with a DOMINATING defense can't hang???

Fresno State has a VERY GOOD defense, just not the caliber of Miami's. They were #6 before they played USC.

DolphinDevil28 said:
So let me get this right...

I just love some of the comments from you LSU/SEC haters. It's hilarious.

I'm not saying we are going to the National Championship. Because I don't see Texas or USC losing.

But for you to say "we don't have what it takes" is funny as hell when you probably have not watched LSU a whole bunch this year. How do you know that? You probably would agree that Fresno didn't "have what it takes," but they took them down to the wire.

our defense isnt bad dude...well its just bad when playin a team of uscs caliber(most defenses are)

SMadison29 said:
Their defense has what it takes to match up with USC. The offense leaves more to be desired, but like I said, they underachieved & lost that opportunity.

Fresno State has a VERY GOOD defense, just not the caliber of Miami's. They were #6 before they played USC.

You do realize that LSU's defense is just as fast, talented and good as Miami's, huh?

Hey, I like the Canes. I really do. But sometimes I feel like some people on here make me out to be a UM hater because when I make an LSU post they automatically compare the two teams.

It sucks that UM lost, but it did in effect help my Tigers. That's all.

RAS25 said:
our defense isnt bad dude...well its just bad when playin a team of uscs caliber(most defenses are)

Hey I'm going to tell you right now. I was pulling SO FRIGGIN HARD CORE for Fresno Saturday night. Yall almost did it for us.

I really like Pinegar, but he screwed up in the second half. Bad.

God I wish yall would have won that game.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Hey I'm going to tell you right now. I was pulling SO FRIGGIN HARD CORE for Fresno Saturday night. Yall almost did it for us.

I really like Pinegar, but he screwed up in the second half. Bad.

God I wish yall would have won that game.

ughhh dont remind me:mad: ;) ...yeah pinegar ****ed the 2nd half up ,but hell maybe its agood thing that fresno st lost if they won there wouldve been riots in fresno maybe here also.we played our hearts out and im proud of those guys i just hope we get to play a big name team in a bowl game

SMadison29 said:
It doesn't matter now. Miami was the only realistic team that had a chance to match up with USC's offense, & after this week's underachieving performance that pipe dream is over. Neither Texas, LSU, Penn State, or Virginia Tech has what it takes to best USC.

I beg to differ. USC has been squeaking by the teams in the 10-20 rankings. They squeaked by Notre Dame and squeaked by Fresno State.

I think if they play a top 5 school they can be beaten. Penn State might not have the offensive firepower to put up 50 points a game, but they definately have the defense to match up with USC's offense. Texas' defense isnt that bad either but they have the offense to go point for point with USC.

If USC has been dominating ranked teams, then I would agree with you. However that hasnt been the case. They have shown that they are vulnerable and can be beaten.

Philter25 said:
I beg to differ. USC has been squeaking by the teams in the 10-20 rankings. They squeaked by Notre Dame and squeaked by Fresno State.

I think if they play a top 5 school they can be beaten. Penn State might not have the offensive firepower to put up 50 points a game, but they definately have the defense to match up with USC's offense. Texas' defense isnt that bad either but they have the offense to go point for point with USC.

If USC has been dominating ranked teams, then I would agree with you. However that hasnt been the case. They have shown that they are vulnerable and can be beaten.

I think USC's defense has to be considered questionable at best after giving up 42 to a (admittedly good) mid-major team.

If LSU gave up 42 to Southern Miss or UAB, the pundits would swear that there's no way we're #1 'with a defense like that'.

TigerStadium said:
I think USC's defense has to be considered questionable at best after giving up 42 to a (admittedly good) mid-major team.

If LSU gave up 42 to Southern Miss or UAB, the pundits would swear that there's no way we're #1 'with a defense like that'.

thats not a fair comparison southern miss and uab are not even close to the level fresno st is....usc gave up 42 to a top 10 maybe top 5scoring team...give fresno st a little more credit we lost a extremely close game to oregon and without that loss fresno st could be a top 10 team...maybe in past years you could compare southern miss and uab to fresno state but this team is good and pat hill will keep them good for years they should kick out washinton or oregon state from the pac10 and put fresno st in .sorry for the rant i just think fresno st deserves more credit:tongue:

Philter25 said:

You do know that Oregon and Notre Dame are probably going to a BCS bowl?.

Philter25 said:
they haven't shown they can be beaten at all. penn state shown they can be beaten, becuase.......well......they've been beaten

K-train said:
You do know that Oregon and Notre Dame are probably going to a BCS bowl?.
Seriously? No way! Man, where have I been. :lol:

Are they both top 5 schools?

they haven't shown they can be beaten at all. penn state shown they can be beaten, becuase.......well......they've been beaten

USC has shown they can be beaten and they have shown they are vulnerable. Their defense is their weakness and its been shown acouple of times. Fortunately for USC, they have not played a balanced team yet.

if they haven't been beaten, then they haven't shown they can be beaten. plain and simple

kastofsna120 said:
if they haven't been beaten, then they haven't shown they can be beaten. plain and simple

When you are down to a team late in the 4th quarter, you show you CAN be beaten. plain and simple. ;)

USC isnt invinceable this year.

Back
Top Bottom