Lucas Better Than Fiedler? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lucas Better Than Fiedler?

PhinKev

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It is amazing to me how many different people try to be NFL analysts with the most interesting results. This website, using mathematic formulas, determined that Ray Lucas was better than Jay after all :rolleyes:

Here's the conclusion:

"Egads, is it possible Ray Lucas wasn't as bad as we all thought? Believe it or not, yes, Ray Lucas actually comes out higher than Jay Fiedler according to DVOA. The reason? He faced much harder defenses."

"Put aside the horrible game against Buffalo, perhaps the worst game ever played by a quarterback, and Lucas wasn't that bad. In his other four games, Lucas faced Green Bay, a very stingy pass defense, and three teams that were about average. Fiedler, on the other hand, got games against Detroit and Minnesota, two of the three worst pass defenses in the NFL, and among his other nine opponents only New England and Oakland had good pass defense."

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/afceast.php

Now ask everyone else who actually WATCHED those games...... ;)

:lol: :lol: Oh man, this guy is too funny. I think he should be fired IMMEDIATELY!

Ray better than Jay!?

No way; no how.

Originally posted by PhinKev
It is amazing to me how many different people try to be NFL analysts with the most interesting results. This website, using mathematic formulas, determined that Ray Lucas was better than Jay after all :rolleyes:

Here's the conclusion:

"Egads, is it possible Ray Lucas wasn't as bad as we all thought? Believe it or not, yes, Ray Lucas actually comes out higher than Jay Fiedler according to DVOA. The reason? He faced much harder defenses."

"Put aside the horrible game against Buffalo, perhaps the worst game ever played by a quarterback, and Lucas wasn't that bad. In his other four games, Lucas faced Green Bay, a very stingy pass defense, and three teams that were about average. Fiedler, on the other hand, got games against Detroit and Minnesota, two of the three worst pass defenses in the NFL, and among his other nine opponents only New England and Oakland had good pass defense."

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/afceast.php

I don't know but all I recall is a Ray Lucas who did not move the offense. It is one thing to throw completions in the middle of the field but what about in the shadow of your own goal posts or in the red zone?

3 games we went with 10 points on offense. Don't gimme the "rust" part in the first Bills game. According to some based on the pre-season Ray should have been the starter. The pre-season came after a 6 month offseason. I would assume that the "rust" part would more apply to the pre-season rather than 6 games into the season.

Next up Jets and Packers. Anybody who watched the Jets game saw that we had 3 legit threats to score a TD. One was a TD, one was a Ricky fumble and the other was a TD catch called out of bounds. Besides that I saw at least 4 Ray passes dropping of the Jets defenders chests and hands. Sure INTs which were clearly dropped.

In the Green Bay game we did not score until the game was out of reach and the Pack put 2nd stringers in...in the 4th quarter. Our one and only legit threat towards the endzone was in the 3rd quarter which ended up as an INT-TD return.

Ray was worse than any QB I have ever seen.

Ray has ten times the stronger arm, and so it seems, the brain of a pea........to go along with some bad eyesight!!

Well ive been reading this forum for about 3 weeks and decided to join today.. I figure this to be the perfect thread to begin with. In my oponion Ray Lucas is a good quarterback but just not in a Fin uniform...and better than Fiedler.. Thats outrageous. Myabe the guy who wrote this article missed the games he played for Fiedler after the injury.. Lets face it good arm or not a quarterback is a leader and he the only leading he did for the Phins was straight out of the playoffs

Back
Top Bottom