Lucas Confidence | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lucas Confidence

How confident are you guys in Ray Lucas??

• He'll be just as effective as Jay

Votes: 28 43.1%
  • He'll be more effective then Jay (especially in the deep passing game)

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • He'll do but Hurry back Jay

Votes: 21 32.3%
  • Just End the Season

Votes: 4 6.2%

• Total voters
Yeah but that's kinda what I'm worried about. If Lucas plays well and we win, then it will be a field day for the haters to call for Lucas to start. I hope we win and Ray does well, but then I hope people put it in perspective that Jay is the starter for the long haul and he can lead us through the tough games because he's been there before. How many times has a young guy been confused by a good defensive coordinator in a big game after looking good for a stretch?

This is Rays chance to shine. He has been waiting for his opportunity. I got many chances to see him at Dolphin practices and he has a very strong and accurate arm. He's not as good as Jay when it comes to touch passes because he fires five yard passes instead of making the pass easily catchable but Norv will work hard with him this week to get him ready. He's not the field general that Fiedler is but is very vocal and positive. One wierd thing about Ray that I've noticed is that no matter what happens in the game he is smiling like he's having a good time. I don't want him smiling if we're losing in a game. Did anyone else notice this? I have confidence that Ray will do fine but I'll be glad to see #9 trot back out there.

Lucas's favorite target...

is Dedric Ward. Don't worry if Chambers is out. Ward and Lucas have a certain chemistry. I think even if Chambers were available, Ward would be put into the mix even more.

Having said that, I don't trust Lucas yet. Nobody really can because we have nothing to base this trust on.
I've grown too comfortable with Fiedler to suddenly feel ok with Ray coming in. I hope he does well though.

I do like Lucas's deep ball a lot. Hitting on one of those in a game could open up more lanes for Ricky. This should be a very interesting game coming up on Sunday!

Can't wait to see Lucas in there. He looked great in preseason and I think he may be a little more accurate on those long passes.
It will be like when Steve Fuller came in for Jim Mcmahon a few weeks when the Bears won it all!

you guys seem to forget that this week's game is 100% about Ricky and more Ricky and more Ricky. As long as Ray can handoff as well as Jay we will be OK on O.

Ray luckily got to play lots in PS and develop some confidence in Norv's O:

On if he feels that, because the Dolphins are "front-runners" in the AFC, is there more pressure to step in?

"Absolutely. Any guy that steps in, you want to play well. The only thing I care about is I don't want to lose the guys in that room's (locker room) confidence and the guys' upstairs (coaches) confidence. Everything else is irrelevant."

from Statement From Dolphins Quarterback Ray Lucas

I'm confident that our Phins can win under Ray, he's not a long term solution, but he'll get the job done for the few weeks that Jay is hurting. Just control the clock, and don't stop giving Ricky the ball.

Good Poll

This poll has worked out quite well. I'm sure its the BILLS fans choosing Just End The Season. How could a Miami fan think that for real!!

I believe Ray will be an effective QB for us. It will be interesting to see how Norv adjusts his game for Lucas. BTW, will Lucas be the first black starting QB in our history? Just curious.

Back
Top Bottom