Lucas over Huard!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lucas over Huard!!

DolfanISS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Why did our coaching staff let Damon Huard go and sign Ray Lucas. I don't know what you guys think but I say Damon Huard is looking pretty good right now.

Hindsight is 20/20 we could go on and on about the Dolphins' chances at getting another backup. Huard was not the answer I'll tell you that much. Funny, at the beginning of the year, half the fans wanted Lucas starting, and now we have to hear about how we should have never even got him :blah:

Originally posted by Z28&dolfan
Why did our coaching staff let Damon Huard go and sign Ray Lucas. I don't know what you guys think but I say Damon Huard is looking pretty good right now.

This is getting rediculous now...

Huard was an immovable post that always had the deer in the headlight look on his face. There's a reason he was let go.
Lucas has skills, he played well in Green Bay and will play even better this week. Meanwhile you can post how good Craig Erickson looks next. :rolleyes:

WOW!! OK first of all I was never and will never be a Jay Fiedler basher. The words Ray Lucas should be starting over Jay have never once shot from my lips that's for sure. I have always liked Fiedler I knew he was no Dan Marino, which I think a lot of fin fans had grown to expect, but thought he was a good QB who showed great toughness and leadership. Huard was a SAFE backup QB which is something that loose cannon Lucas knows nothing about. Huard may have looked like a deer in headlights but the fish never had 10 TO's (7 all his fault) in 2 games while he was in there. Huard wouldn't win many games for you by himself but he never single handily lost one either. I had people at work hitting me with the Ray Lucas should start BS and I told them what I thought about him. He looked good in Preseason because he is a good athlete who works well on the fly but he doesn't have the smarts to execute a game plan efficiently. I am not a Craig Erickson fan either he pretty much SUCKS but to say Lucas is a better backup than Damon Huard is homeristic ignorance!!!!

I think the whole deal with Huard was that he felt he should start - in fact Marino was pretty vocal about it so Huard got it in his head that he wasn't being treated fairly. Maybe he was maybe not. But once Jay was named starter Huard didn't want to stay. I agree that he was a better backup than Lucas and it would have been a big, big benefit had he stayed!

Originally posted by feelnoway
I think the whole deal with Huard was that he felt he should start - in fact Marino was pretty vocal about it so Huard got it in his head that he wasn't being treated fairly. Maybe he was maybe not. But once Jay was named starter Huard didn't want to stay. I agree that he was a better backup than Lucas and it would have been a big, big benefit had he stayed!

Thank you!!!

Sorry for the RANT!!!

Damon did us well while he played here. That's a simple fact. And Feelnoway is correct about him feeling he should of started too. But neither he nor Marino was the coach. So now the question is, who would be better for our starting QB, Fiedler or Huard? Tough question as we've never had them side by side against the same teams/players. At this point in time, Fiedler is the best for us. I think thats obvious. So lets just hope he gets better and does not have any set backs.

Back
Top Bottom