LUCK is the next MARINO??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LUCK is the next MARINO???

greenandwhite80

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I am just throwing it out there but there is a chance now that the bills won there first game for andrew luck talk! This guy is a franchise changer..Even if henne is a serviceable QB..This guy can be had cause a lot of bad teams are winning games.. Ross needs to tell sparano to tank the rest of the season...Just wanna throw that out there..:idk::idk:

Sparano can't afford to tank the season. If this team doesn't have a winning season, Ross is going to clean house

i am just throwing it out there but there is a chance now that the bills won there first game for andrew luck talk! This guy is a franchise changer..even if henne is a serviceable qb..this guy can be had cause a lot of bad teams are winning games.. Ross needs to tell sparano to tank the rest of the season...just wanna throw that out there..:idk::idk:

fail

oavko6-1.gif

Or maybe he's the next Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, or David Klingler.

There are no guarantees when it comes to QB prospects.

Or maybe he's the next Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, or David Klingler.

There are no guarantees when it comes to QB prospects.

Not an apples to apples comparison.... You're talking about one-year wonders and system QB's in gimmick run-n-shoot offenses here. These QB's you listed here were high risk, but also had low floors. Bad gamble.

There are guarantees at the QB position, but they're few and far between. The key is being competent enough to spot them when they come along... (i.e. Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, etc... and Andrew Luck)

Prospects like Manning, Matt Ryan and Andrew Luck are low risk/high reward because they have high "floors" as prospects...the complete opposite of 95% of QB prospects that have ever entered the draft. Most of them are high risk/high reward.

He's not Marino though, it's also a bad comparison. Luck's release isn't anywhere near that quick. Nobody's is.

Besides, Marino had a substantial amount of risk with him too.... he had a horrible Senior season.

Not an apples to apples comparison.... You're talking about one-year wonders and system QB's in gimmick run-n-shoot offenses here. These QB's you listed here were high risk, but also had low floors. Bad gamble.

Ryan Leaf was not considered a high risk gamble. He was considered a sure thing. He was basically tied with Peyton Manning as the top QB prospect.

Ryan Leaf was not considered a high risk gamble. He was considered a sure thing. He was basically tied with Peyton Manning as the top QB prospect.

No he wasn't... Peyton Manning was a 4 year starter that dominated as a freshman from the moment he stepped on the field in Knoxville. Most everyone had Peyton Manning pegged as a sure fire pro before his sophomore season was even finished. Ryan Leaf was barely only a 2 year starter that only had ONE big season and entered the draft early as an underclassman.

The only thing Ryan Leaf had over Peyton Manning was arm strength. That's it.

It's obvious that you don't watch college football or really study draft prospects. Basically, you just buy into whatever rumors or misinformation put out there by some draftnik or beat writer.

Every QB prospect that gets hyped up is NOT equal.

No he wasn't... Peyton Manning was a 4 year starter that dominated as a freshman from the moment he stepped on the field in Knoxville. Most everyone had Peyton Manning pegged as a sure fire pro before his sophomore season was even finished. Ryan Leaf was barely only a 2 year starter that only had ONE big season and entered the draft early as an underclassman.

The only thing Ryan Leaf had over Peyton Manning was arm strength. That's it.

It's obvious that you don't watch college football or really study draft prospects. Basically, you just buy into whatever rumors or misinformation put out there by some draftnik or beat writer.

Every QB prospect that gets hyped up is NOT equal.

So what you're saying is that everyone else is wrong, and you are the lone expert who can identify which college prospects will become stars in the NFL.

Ok.

Hindsight is 20/20. In 1998, virtually all coaches, writers, fans, everyone had Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf as sure things. It was only a question of who would go #1 and who would go #2.

In 1998, you were saying that Ryan Leaf was a high risk gamble? Ok, prove it. Show me an article you wrote in 1998 stating that. Otherwise, you're just talking trash.

So what you're saying is that everyone else is wrong, and you are the lone expert who can identify which college prospects will become stars in the NFL.

Ok.

Hindsight is 20/20. In 1998, virtually all coaches, writers, fans, everyone had Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf as sure things. It was only a question of who would go #1 and who would go #2.

In 1998, you were saying that Ryan Leaf was a high risk gamble? Ok, prove it. Show me an article you wrote in 1998 stating that. Otherwise, you're just talking trash.

A one year wonder, or a 2 year starter with ONE big season is NEVER going to be a sure thing. They're always a gamble and high risk. Peyton Manning was a sure thing based on his PROFILE as much as his talent.

Up until Mark Sanchez, an underclassman QB had NEVER panned out in the NFL. Matthew Stafford might, if he can stay healthy.

Ryan Leaf was a sure fire top 5 pick based on his POTENTIAL and his raw talent, but he wasn't a sure thing. Only Peyton Manning was a sure thing in 1998.

I'm not saying that I knew something everyone else didn't, I'm saying you're wrong that everyone and their dog had Ryan Leaf as a sure thing... it wasn't the case.

Although since you brought it up, I am pretty damn good at indentifying which college prospects will make good pros.. :lol:

Here's how I feel about Luck..Lets say Henne,who I like,has a great year,,3800 to 4000 plus yds,2.5 to 1 TD/Int ratio...and for some reason
we have the number one pick...Is there any wavering on who to chose?NO..you have Luck wrapped up and signed before the draft.
You always invest in the QB position,especially in today's NFL.
You keep doing it till you get a elite QB.

Luck is no sure thing. For that matter neither way Manning or Ryan or any of these guys. QB is impossible to judge, because the position and development of the player is so reliant on a confluence of a series of disparate events. I don't care how smart of physically gifted a QB is......he can't do it on his own.

Up until Mark Sanchez, an underclassman QB had NEVER panned out in the NFL. Matthew Stafford might, if he can stay healthy.

That guy up in Philadelphia seems to be doing alright for himself. His neighbor in Pittsburgh doesn't seem to be too shabby either. Does he need to win 3 super bowls before you'd consider him to have panned out? Rodgers? Bledsoe? If you want to play the self proclaimed message board draft guru at least put a little thought into it.

Back
Top Bottom