Luke Kuechly retires at 28. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Luke Kuechly retires at 28.

There was that guy in the 49ers who retired after 1 season a few years back after learning about CTE - I think he’s involved in the research aspect of it. I also think he was a 1st round draft pick and possibly rookie of the year so it was a high profile thing to walk away. Then Luck and now Luke. We are going to see more of this as the players have financial security and can weigh that against the quality of life after football. Gone are the days when guys are having bone marrow drilled out and replaced w a steel rod just to be able to play in the SB. RIP Bob Kuechenberg.

And Luke retires because his eggs were scrambled

There's been others that have retired early but Luke definitely loved the game and still walked away. Respect and happy for his family.

He is an all-timer. His relatively short career may delay his HOF entry. Gail Sayers had a short career, as did Dwight Stephenson. The difference is Sayers was a transcendent talent (IMO, the 3rd best running back ever after Jim Brown and Barry Sanders) and Stephenson is widely regarded as the best center to ever play. Kuechly will get in eventually.

It’s been so long since that draft, I remember wanting Luke and trading back into the first round in the teens for tannehill.

and that’s wonderful after the fact if you know for sure your QB would be there. We needed a good QB, and we picked one worthy of a top 10 pick. Not sure what Miami would have needed to give to make that happen where both were snagged.

Didn't really have too many injuries only 5 and missed only 10 games which is shocking

I believe almost all of Kuechly's missed games were due to concussions. I understand why he retired. In one of the Marino books, there is a short write-up from Roger Staubach. It it, he praises Marino's ability to play, even with injuries (chronically bad knees and his comeback after teh achilles tear in 1993). Staubach briefly mentions his own career and says that he was "lucky" (his exact word) that he (Staubach) only suffered concussions and nothing related to his legs or his arm. It seems very odd to read that now, given people's attitudes about concussions and brain injuries. The book is from 2004 or so.

Are you kidding? Dude had a concussion almost yearly to go with various shoulder ailments i'd here about on the news. If he really only missed 10 games I guess but in that Case is Antonio Brown HOF material if he never plays another snap? Sorry HOF is about numbers and if he manages to get in before Zach Thomas I will be really pissed.

Maybe its the 3 concussions that had me concerned he has had all three grades on those concussions too.. Damn hope he is gonna be alright
I stand corrected though i guess he wasn't as injury prone as i thought, I am wrong.

I love Zach Thomas but Luke was better by a mile.

I love Zach Thomas but Luke was better by a mile.
You're crazy. Kuechly had too short a career to get in the the hall, IMO, but even if he does, Ifail to see him as superior to Thomas. Thomas' contribution to the team was far beyond just his individual merit, too. Without Zach Thomas, that defense just doesn't produce. Not sure the same can be said about Kuechly.

Ha ha tannehills in the afc champ game and slimms guy hangs em up.

This year is priceless

On a serious note this is probably due to concussions imo
The irony is thick. I'm afraid Slimm's favorite QB this year will be a rookie contract only, too. Unfortunately, the Dolphins might even move up to get him, and he will likely have a shorter, and possibly less successful career than Tannehill. The injuries are just going to be too much to overcome.

Back
Top Bottom