M Robinson could visit us; to visit Ravens | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

M Robinson could visit us; to visit Ravens

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Ravens | Robinson To Visit - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 05:03:22 -0700

Updating previous reports, the Baltimore Sun reports free agent WR Marcus Robinson (Bears) will visit with the Baltimore Ravens on Wednesday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dolphins | Robinson Could Visit Soon - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 04:28:57 -0700

Updating previous reports, the Sun-Sentinel reports the agent for free agent WR Marcus Robinson (Bears) said his client would be interested in visiting with the Miami Dolphins this week if they call him. However, agent Ken Sarnoff said he hasn’t heard back from the team.

http://www.kffl.com/player/343/nfl?PHPSESSID=8842ea8773f1fd6897417ce465459648

You know 39...

while I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in...

I don't think that its necessarily a priority anymore.

I like the Tolver kid.

Miami won't use a lot of 4 WR sets, so with Chambers,Thompson, McKnight and Tolver I don't see them getting another receiver unless they cut McKnight. They will use their TE a lot more this year.

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy
unless they cut McKnight.
that is the question in some respects since he refused to re-neg.

I think they would have a cap hit if they cut McKnight so they have to be sure it's a significant upgrade over him before signing any receiver.

Almost every release has a cap hit. Its matter of how much we save by cutting him. I think McKnight will be a very productive STARTER next season, so it would be a mistake to cut him. All the guy does is make big plays, and you all want to toss him out......

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree Bazinet37. Everyone still mentions plays that happened two years ago. I think played fairly well last year. He had a few nice plays without getting much playing time. I say give the guy a shot this year. He might suprises us all.

Yup, you hit the nail on the head zonk. Everyone remembers him dropping the pass on the Baltimore playoff game, or fumbling at Minnesota. They forget he had better stats than Chambers last season. They forget how he single handedly won the Seattle game for us 2 season ago. The forget how he took a 1 yard dumpoff 60 yards in the Monday Night game against the Bears.

You know what? I'll take that fumble every couple games if he regularly makes plays like that catch at New England last season. You know the one where he caught it through 2 defenders, then proceeded to take it to the proverbial "house". Despite that fumble at Minnesota, we were in position to win that game at the end, yet everyone blames him for the loss. I just can't believe how much flack the guy gets. He has done nothing but help this team since he got here......

I think he will cost to much!! We have added depth and look what Baker and Newsome are doing in NFL Europe!!:)

I don't know if you want to tie our wagon

to NFL Europe...but I do think that there is somewhat of a logjam...so I would make sure that Robinson has healed.

Bazinet, Just think Chambers and Mcknight on the ouside with all that speed and Thompson in the slot (with all that size). Not to mention Mcmichael, Konrad, and Ricardo. Who do you cover?

Originally posted by zonk39
Bazinet, Just think Chambers and Mcknight on the ouside with all that speed and Thompson in the slot (with all that size). Not to mention Mcmichael, Konrad, and Ricardo. Who do you cover?

That's why I'm such a geek about Wade Smith having tight end experience in college. I know it's kind of shallow conceptually, but I just love the idea that even as a defense is thinking they've war-gamed for everyone else you mentioned, our good-hands (eventual) LT can step over the LOS. lol

thats a good sign with baker and newson playing well, because when robinson had his big year, he played in the nfl europe that season and was the offensive player of the year over here.

i still think that with tolver having trouble to make the team, robinson should get a shot as well, only for a minimum deal with incentives though

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom