Madden 2005 and Espn 2005 player ratings??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Madden 2005 and Espn 2005 player ratings???

TerryTate with a PhD in madden gaming weighs in!

fiedler - 80
feely - 78

ricky - 92
minor - 75
konrad - 85

boston - 86
chambers - 89
thompson - 76
mcmichael - 86

smith - 80
james - 87
mckinney - 76
stclair - 65 (he sucks)
carey - 80
McIntosh - 81 (Inj.)

taylor - 96
bowens - 89
chester - 84
gun - 89

thomas - 91
jr - 87
greenwood - 79

pat - 96
sam - 89
howard - 83
poole - 70
edwards - 81
freeman - 82
knight - 88

All i have to say is that Chambers will most definetly be in the upper 80's in ESPN (the best football simulation). I'm not positive, but have a pretty strong feeling that Fiedler will drop (from 79 to maybe 74 or something). There really aren't any significant changes though. Except for Boston and Carey hopefully boosting our entire offensive rating as a whole. :lol:

Here goes mine:

Feidler 78
Feeley 76

Ricky 93 (He had a off year last year and was over worked, so it could even be 91)
Minor 78
Konrad 88 (Madden guys seem to like him)

Chambers 88
Boston 87
Thompson 72
McMichael 87 (if you sim last years Madden a couple of years he becomes the 2nd best in the league, so I think they like him and have noticed him enough to get a 87)

Wade Smith 73 (we have to remember he was bad last year, and they will have the option of updating them every two weeks so he will start out pretty low IMO)
Jeno James 83
Seth McKinney 74
St Clair 68
Vernon Cary 78

JT 92 (did not have a great year last year, did not even lead his team in sacks)
Bowens 86
Chester 85
O-gun 88

Zack 93
Seau 87
Greenwood 79

Surtain 95
Madison 89
Howard 82

Freemon 79
Knight 87

Mare 89 (They like him and only finfans remember the two games he lost for us last year. I would only give him about 80, but they will give him higher marks)

These are my honest ratings, trying hard not to be a homer. I really think RW will not be rated as high this year. No back has a good year after getting the kind of pounding he took last year, and the Madden people watch trends like that.

Well, here we go again. :D I'm more of a fan of ESPN Football than Madden, though it seems EA will support Xbox Live (simply the best online gaming out there) this year so I might end up with BOTH football games.

Fiedler 74 (pick a spot on the bench Jay :lol: )
Feeley 78 (Welcome to Miami, AJ)

Ricky 90 (bit of an off year last season)
Minor 76 (solid back-up)
Konrad 86 (pretty good pass catcher too)

Chambers 86 (good, but not yet great)
Boston 90 (has shown he can be great in the past -gets benefit of doubt here)
Thompson 70 (why is this guy still on the team? :confused: )
McMichael 81 (needs better stats to move up higher in rating)

Wade Smith 75 (he did make that All-Rookie Team, right?)
Jeno James 82
Seth McKinney 74 (Did he really not beat out Ruddy last year? :( )
St Clair 65 (somebody else we can put here? Please?)
Vernon Cary 77 (rookie phenom -I hope)

Not the kind of OL dreams are make of, but should play better than ratings by mid-season or so.

Taylor 91 (still an elite DE)
Bowens 83 (aging vet)
Chester 81 (solid performer)
O-gun 86 (I'm thinking he gets traded though)

Zack 89 (slowing a bit)
Seau 82 (last season I think)
Greenwood 78 (never hear his name, but seemed solid last year)

Surtain 95 (one of the top five DBs)
Madison 89 (slipped a little, still good though)
Howard 80 (very nice depth here)
Poole 74 (Dime DB with upside)

Freeman 75 (I think Antuan Edwards takes his spot)
Knight 82 (another aging but crafty vet)

Mare 85 (not his best season last year)

I dont know what the ratings are but I know you all could be wrong...just guesses right now...Can't wait to get my hands on madden 2k5...I dont know and care what the ratings miami is...but i do know that im am invincible with Miami and unstoppable with Ricky...I will murder anyone with the Dolphins...madden 2002, 2003, 2004 and will be undeated in 2005...Next! :lol:

Fiedler - 81
Feeley - 77

Williams - 93

Konrad - 84

Chambers - 89
Boston - 87

Smith - 79
James - 84
Mckinney - 70
St.Clair - 72
Carey - 76

JT - 96
Bowens - 92
Chester - 86
Ogun - 90

Seau - 89
Thomas - 95
Greenwood - 79

Surtain - 98
Madison - 92
Howard - 79
Poole - 69
Knight - 88
Freeman - 82

ChambersNBoston said:
I dont know what the ratings are but I know you all could be wrong...just guesses right now...Can't wait to get my hands on madden 2k5...I dont know and care what the ratings miami is...but i do know that im am invincible with Miami and unstoppable with Ricky...I will murder anyone with the Dolphins...madden 2002, 2003, 2004 and will be undeated in 2005...Next! :lol:

We'll play sometime later this summer ;)

TT

Deus Ex Dolphin said:
Well, here we go again. :D I'm more of a fan of ESPN Football than Madden, though it seems EA will support Xbox Live (simply the best online gaming out there) this year so I might end up with BOTH football games.

Fiedler 74 (pick a spot on the bench Jay :lol: )
Feeley 78 (Welcome to Miami, AJ)

Ricky 90 (bit of an off year last season)
Minor 76 (solid back-up)
Konrad 86 (pretty good pass catcher too)

Chambers 86 (good, but not yet great)
Boston 90 (has shown he can be great in the past -gets benefit of doubt here)
Thompson 70 (why is this guy still on the team? :confused: )
McMichael 81 (needs better stats to move up higher in rating)

Wade Smith 75 (he did make that All-Rookie Team, right?)
Jeno James 82
Seth McKinney 74 (Did he really not beat out Ruddy last year? :( )
St Clair 65 (somebody else we can put here? Please?)
Vernon Cary 77 (rookie phenom -I hope)

Not the kind of OL dreams are make of, but should play better than ratings by mid-season or so.

Taylor 91 (still an elite DE)
Bowens 83 (aging vet)
Chester 81 (solid performer)
O-gun 86 (I'm thinking he gets traded though)

Zack 89 (slowing a bit)
Seau 82 (last season I think)
Greenwood 78 (never hear his name, but seemed solid last year)

Surtain 95 (one of the top five DBs)
Madison 89 (slipped a little, still good though)
Howard 80 (very nice depth here)
Poole 74 (Dime DB with upside)

Freeman 75 (I think Antuan Edwards takes his spot)
Knight 82 (another aging but crafty vet)

Mare 85 (not his best season last year)

I dont understand how you could put Feeley ahead of Fiedler, there is no way the makers of Madden will let him be rated higher after not getting a regular season snap last year!

It matters more to the developers about who is starting. It is rare that a starter is LOWER rated than his back-up. The logic being that if the FO and coach have a guy starting over another -he must be better, right?

I know there is supposed to be a "QB competition" but the contract Feeley got, the trading of the second round pick, the voiced expectations of the owner (as inane as those were :rolleyes: ) ALL point to Feeley starting.

Game devlopers will take note of that, I'm sure. Although, given a chance to think it over...

Feeley 78
Fielder 77

Worse case scenario? I'm subbing in AJ Feeley ANYWAY. :tongue: He is a fair QB in ESPN Football 2004 even at a 73 rating.

Deus Ex Dolphin said:
It matters more to the developers about who is starting. It is rare that a starter is LOWER rated than his back-up. The logic being that if the FO and coach have a guy starting over another -he must be better, right?

I know there is supposed to be a "QB competition" but the contract Feeley got, the trading of the second round pick, the voiced expectations of the owner (as inane as those were :rolleyes: ) ALL point to Feeley starting.

Game devlopers will take note of that, I'm sure. Although, given a chance to think it over...

Feeley 78
Fielder 77

Worse case scenario? I'm subbing in AJ Feeley ANYWAY. :tongue: He is a fair QB in ESPN Football 2004 even at a 73 rating.

Who the hell said A.J will be starting?Madden will be out by August which is far from end of preseason.

madden rating are funny. sometimes he(developers and madden) just likes certain guyz. look at farve, always 95+. look at the raiders(his old team), always rated higher than they deserve IMO. I refer to it as madden love. zach thomas will get madden love, he wont be below 92, taylor wont be below 97.

then their are years were they will redo the rating and only 2 or 3 people will be rated 99 and most will be 90-95. just a total curve on the ratings.

I agree, the starting QB will usually be rated higher, but their have been time when this is not true. I think brees and flutie are a good example on this yrs game.

the best thing about madden is the updated rosters, so if feely does well he could go to the high 80's low 90's, I hope.

Madden online on the Xbox would be awesome, is that official?

Fiedler - 75 (Both might hit a 84 Tops... :roflmao: )
Feeley - 74 (Both might hit a 84 Tops... :roflmao: )

:cry: Williams - 92 (Stats were low last season for him.)

Konrad - 86 (Should Be Higher)

Chambers - 87 (Had A Good Year)
:eek: Boston - 86 (To Many Unknown Factors..lol)
Snoop - 74
Thompson - 72 (To High In My Book)
Tolver - 67

:D McMichael - 91

Smith - 80
James - 80
Mckinney - 70
Whitney - 68 / St. Clair - 68
Carey - 77 / McIntosh - 79 (Injured)

JT - 96 (Did not rule the field last season.)
Bowens - 88
Chester - 87
:eek: Ogun - 90 (AFC Sack Leader)

:rolleyes: Seau - 86 (Drop off)
Thomas - 92
Greenwood - 77
Moore - 74

:cool: Surtain - 98
Madison - 92
Howard - 80
Poole - 68
Knight - 88