Madden says Philly needs a future QB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Madden says Philly needs a future QB

I usually like or agree with most of what that guy says but that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

There hasn't been a qb more responsible for his teams success and only a couple that are as responsible. The four years he took Philly to the NFC championship he was personally responsible for 70% of the teams offense. He threw for 4tds, nearly 350 yards and ran for 80 with a broken ankle. No one works harder to improve his game year in and year out.

There isn't a team in the NFL that wouldn't like to have McNabb at qb. Can you imagine how great we'd have been this year with him at qb. Even with his departure last week, we'd probably be 8-3 maybe 9-2.

Why Mcnabb is injury prone. Sure he plays lights out for what 8 games then the team goes down hill.

McNabb

Ekinger said:
I usually like or agree with most of what that guy says but that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

There hasn't been a qb more responsible for his teams success and only a couple that are as responsible. The four years he took Philly to the NFC championship he was personally responsible for 70% of the teams offense. He threw for 4tds, nearly 350 yards and ran for 80 with a broken ankle. No one works harder to improve his game year in and year out.

There isn't a team in the NFL that wouldn't like to have McNabb at qb. Can you imagine how great we'd have been this year with him at qb. Even with his departure last week, we'd probably be 8-3 maybe 9-2.

It's not ridiculous when you consider that McNabb's injury will probably keep him sidelined until the middle of next season, which means it'll be the middle of 2008 before the guy is actually recovered from the injury sufficiently enough to be a difference-maker again. McNabb is going to miss half of this season, probably all of next, and he's still going to need a readjustment period where he can hopefully regain his form, that could take another half season, or more. McNabb could be done in Philly, they can't wait two-years on a question mark. That's what Madden was getting at.

I wouldn't be surprised if they draft Troy Smith. Thats if they can get him in the second. Or they make a trade for Matt Schuab.

Back
Top Bottom