Madden | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Madden

FlybyWyre

Practice Squad
Reaction score
This is what madden had to say about the Indy game this sunday...

Miami at Indianapolis
It will be interesting to see if the Colts have gotten their defense straightened out. On offense, when you have Peyton Manning, you have one of the best quarterbacks in the game along with one of the best running backs in Edgerrin James when he's healthy, and one of the best receivers in Marvin Harrison. Indianapolis has the runner and the catcher and the thrower, but they've had that the last few years and they still haven't been able to get over a lot of humps, because they haven't had a defense that could play like the offense. What happens is that you fall behind by two or three touchdowns and then the offense has to play uphill and they have to force things and then they have turnovers and stuff. In a nutshell, have the Colts improved their defense and can their defense play better together? If not, then it's going to be the same thing for them.

To me, Miami's a lot like New England. If you look at the Patriots and say who are their stars, well, it's hard to find a lot of stars on that team. Then you say, how did they win a Super Bowl? Well, they won by playing well as a team. That same blueprint is true of the Dolphins. There aren't a lot of stars on Miami's club. They play well as a team, though. And it was big getting Norv Turner to be the offensive coordinator for them. He's a really good coach and he'll help that team a lot.

I wonder if madden even knows the name of any of the phins. It'll be interesting to see what he has to say for their monday night games.

NO STARS ? IS HE CRAZY OR ON CRACK. Z.THOMAS, S.MADISON, JT, RW,CC?..UMM I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THAT'S THE DUMBEST COMMENT I'VE HEARD AROUND HERE IN A WHILE..

He probably has watch a AFC game in 20 years. To say the fins have no stars is just plain stupid. Of couse when we play on Monday night you will hear me say how great our players are. Most of the national anouncers are that way what ever teams that are playing in the game their at are the greatest thing since sliced bread

That's because Madden was a NFC guy...

... because of the TEAMS he covered as a color guy on CBS and FOX. It only makes sense he would say the things he said about the Dolphins and having no STARS. Oh well, this team plays best when it's disrespected. I hope he's not the last one to over look the Phins.

Oliver...

Originally posted by FlybyWyre
This is what madden had to say about the Indy game this sunday...

Miami at Indianapolis
It will be interesting to see if the Colts have gotten their defense straightened out. On offense, when you have Peyton Manning, you have one of the best quarterbacks in the game along with one of the best running backs in Edgerrin James when he's healthy, and one of the best receivers in Marvin Harrison. Indianapolis has the runner and the catcher and the thrower, but they've had that the last few years and they still haven't been able to get over a lot of humps, because they haven't had a defense that could play like the offense. What happens is that you fall behind by two or three touchdowns and then the offense has to play uphill and they have to force things and then they have turnovers and stuff. In a nutshell, have the Colts improved their defense and can their defense play better together? If not, then it's going to be the same thing for them.

To me, Miami's a lot like New England. If you look at the Patriots and say who are their stars, well, it's hard to find a lot of stars on that team. Then you say, how did they win a Super Bowl? Well, they won by playing well as a team. That same blueprint is true of the Dolphins. There aren't a lot of stars on Miami's club. They play well as a team, though. And it was big getting Norv Turner to be the offensive coordinator for them. He's a really good coach and he'll help that team a lot.

I wonder if madden even knows the name of any of the phins. It'll be interesting to see what he has to say for their monday night games.

John Madden is a big gooftard. This guy hasn't made any sense in years about anything. He is nothing but a parody of what he used to be, living off his name while killing it at the same time. Burning the candle at both ends so to speak. I think you guys are right in that he doesn't pay attention to the AFC much which is odd as he used to COACH in that conference. I don't know who is worse, him or Theissman.

Actually Madden seems like a whole new individual on MNF.... his persona is much more toned down, and he gives much better analysis.

I don't think that comment was all that inaccurate, as he was prob refering to the offense....and he didn't say there are NO stars , he said there aren't ALOT of stars, wich is true on both sides of the ball. My only prob is comparing them to NE .... I think we have WAY more weapons on this O than NE's did .

I'd take Madden anyday over Theissman.. Maybe he doesn't know alot about the Fins now but he will.. with Mon night games and his work now with ESPN he will get to know them. When he was with FOX the limited him to the Cowboys and the popular NFC teams at the time, so he didnt' get a good view of the entire NFL.. but now he will... and he Knows a Helluva lot about Football in general.. I like listening to him.. much better then most people covering games

I agree Madden is wonderful on MNF!

Originally posted by Phinnish
Actually Madden seems like a whole new individual on MNF.... his persona is much more toned down, and he gives much better analysis.

I don't think that comment was all that inaccurate, as he was prob refering to the offense....and he didn't say there are NO stars , he said there aren't ALOT of stars, wich is true on both sides of the ball. My only prob is comparing them to NE .... I think we have WAY more weapons on this O than NE's did .

Back
Top Bottom