Maddog said... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maddog said...

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Yesterday I watched the Miami Dolphins Magazine On Direct TV.
During the show Maddog said the following, (since I have Tivo I Am quoting Him).

“Seth McKinney will start at center and watch for Mark Dixon to get in line up in place of Jamie Nails.â€Â

He also said…

“If your Dave Wannsetdt you’ve got to have a quick hook on your
Quarterback position, Jay and the passing game are not getting it done. “And your looking at a healthy and confident Brian Griese."

“And it all comes down to this… You’re down at the Goal line the last Week and on three different occasions. And you weren’t comfortable asking your Quaterback to make a play.â€Â

“If I am in Wans’s shoes, you got to feel that sent a message, And it sent a signal. And maybe we’ll see a change this week.â€Â

He said, “Brian Griese is chomping at the bit†to play.â€Â

Wow very strong statements by him. I for one have loved Jay's
heart but his accuracy leaves a little to be desired. I say give Brian a shot it couldn't hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Next time we are in that position, I wonder how confortable he's going to be to ask the kicker to make a play? What a joke. The coach shows no confidence in the offense after two long drives. That's the way to instill confidence.

Why would you be uncomfortable asking the 2nd most accurate kicker in NFL HISTORY to make a 35 yard kick???

And how was he not confident in the Offense on the 18 play, 9 minute, 72 yard drive when Fiedler was 5 for 7???

Well it seems that J. F. does throw to the other team often:)

Originally posted by CpuFan
During the show Maddog said the following, (since I have Tivo I Am quoting Him).

“Seth McKinney will start at center and watch for Mark Dixon to get in line up in place of Jamie Nails.â€Â

He also said…

Quarterback position, Jay and the passing game are not getting it done. “And your looking at a healthy and confident Brian Griese."

“And it all comes down to this… You’re down at the Goal line the last Week and on three different occasions. And you weren’t comfortable asking your Quaterback to make a play.â€Â

“If I am in Wans’s shoes, you got to feel that sent a message, And it sent a signal. And maybe we’ll see a change this week.â€Â

heart but his accuracy leaves a little to be desired. I say give Brian a shot it couldn't hurt.

I for one can't wait to see BG start to either get us on track or quell all the JF talk and see if he really fits the bill.

however, this wanny lack of confidence in JF and lack of confidence in the offense is absolutely ridiculous. Again, everything wanny did on the last drive in regulation and the drive in overtime was high percentage coaching. Most coaches would've opted to use his 2 million dollar second most accurate kicker to end the game. That satement just shows maddog's disdain for JF and reflects the media's hunger for controversy. It's a 35 yd fg. Mare is over 90% accurate from that distance. In the last two weeks, I've watched the Greenbay and Philly make long drives in overtime to ice the game, only to have their rb fumble at the most inoppurtune time. What was the result? They both lost. Philly lost to the Cowboys in regulation and Greenbay lost to KC. (Greenbay was on the fifty when green coughed up the ball, so they still had to drive the field).

Just FYI. I'm not a big fan of Wanny or JF. I just think it's rediculous how off these media personalities are. Seriously, alot of us could take their jobs and be more objective. :D :D

"I just think it's rediculous how off these media personalities are. Seriously, alot of us could take their jobs and be more objective."

Normally I would agree with you, but since Maddog pakyed for
the Dolphins he should have more insight than moost media people,
I included Hank G there as well.

Originally posted by fairbanksb
Next time we are in that position, I wonder how confortable he's going to be to ask the kicker to make a play? What a joke. The coach shows no confidence in the offense after two long drives. That's the way to instill confidence.

If Mare makes that field goal.. Everyone would be blinded by the win and not be able ot see the problems with this team.. If Miami won last week, Fiedler would of been the QB this week.. Just because of the win.. It had to take a loss to try Griese at QB and thats unfortunate.. It happened, so now we can see what Griese brings to the table and if Miami can be a Super Bowl bound team under Griese.. Miami is not a contender with Fiedler..

We will find out what kind of offensive team we have this Monday night..

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

If Mare makes that field goal.. Everyone would be blinded by the win and not be able ot see the problems with this team.. If Miami won last week, Fiedler would of been the QB this week.. Just because of the win..

How true is this post......

If the Fins had won last week on Mare's kick the same crew would have been out saying how Jay led us to victory......

what a joke! Mare's miss only brought the true problems of the Fins offense to the forefront. Is Grisese the answer...... probably not but who knows. The point is that Griese has to really screw up to be worse in production then we are getting now from the QB position!

No, I disagree completely

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

If Mare makes that field goal.. Everyone would be blinded by the win and not be able ot see the problems with this team.. If Miami won last week, Fiedler would of been the QB this week.. Just because of the win.. It had to take a loss to try Griese at QB and thats unfortunate.. It happened, so now we can see what Griese brings to the table and if Miami can be a Super Bowl bound team under Griese.. Miami is not a contender with Fiedler..

We will find out what kind of offensive team we have this Monday night..

Originally posted by Trekbiz

How true is this post......

If the Fins had won last week on Mare's kick the same crew would have been out saying how Jay led us to victory......

what a joke! Mare's miss only brought the true problems of the Fins offense to the forefront. Is Grisese the answer...... probably not but who knows. The point is that Griese has to really screw up to be worse in production then we are getting now from the QB position!

Aside from the week before the Houston game, This board, the fans, and the critics had been dogging this team and rightfully so.
After weeks one and two it was the talk of the lack of pass rush and pass coverage, coupled with the usual JF misscues. Everyone even Wanny put JF on notice after the Bills game, Saying "He's got to make better decisions". Jacksonville was no different. Hell all you need to do is look at the Sentinal or the Herald's old articles and see that everyone had gripes with this team, especially offensively even when we were winning.

Trying to put a spin on a loss, saying it will wake this team up aside from the Houston loss, is RIDICULOUS. And what will you be saying at the end of the year, when we're one win away from winning the division, or making the playoffs. All signs will point to that 35 yd Mare Miss (What could've been).

I'm not trying to diss you guys, but this team Knew of the problems all along, We all know we need better production from the qb position. JF has been stinking the joint up. I'm pretty sure that everyone on the dolphins squad, is aware of it's problems and know that their schedule down the road is only gonna get worse, so having a heartbreaking loss, such as that one, is less of a wake up call, in the positive sense, but more of defeatest, were not that good, finger pointing wake up call. Which is not good for the locker room.

I suppose if the Offense has a big day tommorow, alot of people will praise BG, which is great, and say the loss last week, woke the team up, blah blah blah...

No.. JF got hurt, or conviently got benched, why the offense starts clicking, it won't be because of a loss.

Hell, I'll take 11 ugly or close wins anyday, instead of 6 or 7 close losses... We already have two.

Re: No, I disagree completely

Originally posted by rhadaddy

I suppose if the Offense has a big day tommorow, alot of people will praise BG, which is great, and say the loss last week, woke the team up, blah blah blah...

No.. JF got hurt, or conviently got benched, why the offense starts clicking, it won't be because of a loss.

There is more to the psychosocial manefestations of a team than you are allowing for. The loss Miami suffered against New England endemic to this Dolphin franchise for a number of years. However, I felt that perhaps the team had gotten over the hump when they stood up to the Jets this year, or when they stood up against the Jaguars rally late in their game. In the past, Miami would fold under that sense of inevitability. In those games they did not, and against New Engand their past caught up with them. The Mare Miss lost the game- but I believe the game was lost psychologically before Mare stepped out of the sidelines.

The problem now, is that Brian Griese has been given (by coaches and analysts alike) the same stature and proficiency as Fiedler. When Bledsoe went down in Buffalo- the team rallied behind Brady. Certainly they knew that Brady was far less talented than Bledsoe, and rose up to the challenge. Since Griese is a mirror image of Fiedler (and has been made out to be that way by the media, critics/fans, coaches) the team will not feel the need to rise up behind a new QB. I am afraid the cracks in the Offense run deep, and it's cavernous jaws may swallow the team (and this season) whole.

T$

Originally posted by CpuFan

He also said…

What time and day is this Miami Dolphin magazine on? Is it televised on the West Coast?

WHUH???

Originally posted by TeeMoney

There is more to the psychosocial manefestations of a team than you are allowing for. The loss Miami suffered against New England endemic to this Dolphin franchise for a number of years. However, I felt that perhaps the team had gotten over the hump when they stood up to the Jets this year, or when they stood up against the Jaguars rally late in their game. In the past, Miami would fold under that sense of inevitability. In those games they did not, and against New Engand their past caught up with them. The Mare Miss lost the game- but I believe the game was lost psychologically before Mare stepped out of the sidelines.

The problem now, is that Brian Griese has been given (by coaches and analysts alike) the same stature and proficiency as Fiedler. When Bledsoe went down in Buffalo- the team rallied behind Brady. Certainly they knew that Brady was far less talented than Bledsoe, and rose up to the challenge. Since Griese is a mirror image of Fiedler (and has been made out to be that way by the media, critics/fans, coaches) the team will not feel the need to rise up behind a new QB. I am afraid the cracks in the Offense run deep, and it's cavernous jaws may swallow the team (and this season) whole.

T$

Uhh Miami owns NE when they play in Miami, especially early in the year. We've won like 6 or 7 times straight at home against NE. So you can throw the past theory out the window. Had the game been in NE in Nov. or Dec. then I'd agree. I actually don't
think the team was physchologically out of it. If anything this team, IMO, started to believe that when they got to the 4th qtr with a lead, the game was theirs cause they had ricky to chew up the clock and ice the game.

The problems on offense runs deep. and no one is excusable from blame not even RW. However, to justify this loss as a wake up call, or anything other than a heartbreaking, damn mare missed the kick loss, is just stupid. Hell if we've won that game. I bet most of the posters on this borad would still be calling for JF's head and a shakeup on offense. I'ts been going on since week one and every win after.

There are several defining moments in a football game, and blame can be placed on the offense's inept execution. But to assume that we're supposed to dominate NE offensively is naive.
Point is we missed alot of oppurtunities, but there was one 35 yd missed oppurtunity, that hurt the most. Because now we not only have problems on offense, we now have problems with our 2 million dollar, two yrs removed from being our biggest scoring threat kicker... NOW THAT'S SCARY.

I don't think maddog was far of the mark. When you see highlights from KC and Minnesota it's pretty clear we don't measure up. Put Greise in. Why not? Some people will say JF has a great w/l percentage but our D has been putting those numbers up. We need someone at QB that can put up 300yds a week if needed, not 150 and a couple picks. Don't know if Greise is the guy, but JF ain't gonna do it for us.
A lot of that may be because of the line, which sucks. Wanny's summary dismissal of that need may cost him his job.

Originally posted by Trekbiz

The point is that Griese has to really screw up to be worse in production then we are getting now from the QB position!

With some of Dolphin fans that post here, even if the Dolphins win in San Diego, there will still be a multitude of "this team sucks" threads started !!

So much for appeasing the chronic whiners ..

:rolleyes2

Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom