Madison: "Amenable to taking a pay cut." | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Madison: "Amenable to taking a pay cut."

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
It is in the front page of the sun sentinel. (online, fins section)

Now, I want him back.

yeah but a pay cut or a restructure where he gets a ton of bonus money amortorized over the next five years which makes it even worse later? kind of like our government ya know? He needs to take a serious paycut like 4 mil average per year. that guy has serious bank collecting interest for a long time now. that should be good enough for a CB who doesnt even compare to what Dan marino has done for this franchise.

he is willing to "re-do" his contract. That is NOT taking a pay cut. That is guarenteeing money in order to save money this season. All it does is move the cash into the future, and buy us time.

"Re-do" could mean anything at this point. Hopefully it includes taking a paycut.

He's too selfish to actually take a pay cut. He wants more bonus money and it'd get worst later.

Ozzy rules!!

Redo more than likely means He is willing to Restructure..

Isn't he one of Drew clients?

It could also mean that he would be willing to guarantee a portion of this year's contract in exchange for a lesser amount

Guaranteed money is treated the same as bonus money adn amorotized over the life of the contract as well.

Pay cut or nothing (as in being cut). Period.

all of you guys are crazy. sam is willing to restructure to free up some money to get some help this year and all i see is hate. my, it's not like the guy's a buster. he can still play, maybe not at the level he did 4-5 years ago, but sam is still among the top 10 best cbs in football. if we get rid of him, whose gonna play corner. fletcher? buckley? lowe? come on, all you guys would be longing for sam if those guys started. the only viable replacements would cost just as much or more money than he would. get real fellas, this team has some problems (qb, rg, se, fs), but sam ain't one of them.

Re: Madison: "Amenable to taking a pay cut."

Originally posted by Section126
It is in the front page of the sun sentinel. (online, fins section)

Now, I want him back.

This is how the "quote" should read.

"but he will be asked to re-do his contract and has said he is amenable to doing so."

BB

Originally posted by Phishstix
all of you guys are crazy. sam is willing to restructure to free up some money to get some help this year and all i see is hate. my, it's not like the guy's a buster. he can still play, maybe not at the level he did 4-5 years ago, but sam is still among the top 10 best cbs in football. if we get rid of him, whose gonna play corner. fletcher? buckley? lowe? come on, all you guys would be longing for sam if those guys started. the only viable replacements would cost just as much or more money than he would. get real fellas, this team has some problems (qb, rg, se, fs), but sam ain't one of them.

So you are OK witht he fact that he is making 8mil/yr average? cmon man, you should be Deion Sanders for that kind of money returning kicks for TD's. He makes more than Dan did when he was playing and alot of that was up front collecting interest in teh bank. He should take a pay cut and not a cut of a couple 100,000. he should take a cut period. If he wants a deal where he makes like $2mil base and like a $10 mil bonus for five more years then fine, that is very doable. He already banked alot of that money.

However much these guys allow paycuts and/or restructures, to me, lends directly to their desire for the team and willingness to sacrifice for the betterment of the OVERALL team....not just their side of the ball.

They really have the opportunity to help out the offense this off-season.

Back
Top Bottom