Madison latest to cry.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Madison latest to cry....

Another interesting little blurb on that page.....Wanny saying that if we had a game this week Lucas would not be able to play.....He was banged up THAT bad Sunday. He won't even be back to practice until next week. So much for having two weeks to work off the rust eh?

I think it is fine for the players to express their unhappiness about the situation with Oronde. I know that I have mixed feelings about it myself so I can just imagine how it would feel to a player.

Why don't they get ready to play. That what they get paid for. Not to talk. Who cares what OG $$makes. Madison making cash so he should shut up and not let people burn him on a 70yd pass.

Sure everybody has the right to their opinions but, to publicly question the organization that is employing you is devisive and can tear a team apart. Minding ones own business is usually the best course of action.

Originally posted by ronnie_augs
Why don't they get ready to play. That what they get paid for. Not to talk. Who cares what OG $$makes. Madison making cash so he should shut up and not let people burn him on a 70yd pass.

You think all they're doing it talking?? You think they've just taken the week off to talk about Gadsden?? PLEASE. I guarantee you this whole interview thing took 10 minutes of their time. And BTW....they are REQUIRED to have media days. So it isn't like they aren't doing their jobs.

Just because your making lots of money doesn't mean you don't have the right to speak out when you feel there has been an injustice committed against one of your friends/teammates.

Also, looked to me like Brock Marion was late getting over to help Madison deep. Sam clearly let Moulds go by him because the safety was supposed to be up top.

Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
http://football.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=mia

You're the man and all, but sit back, take an objective view on what's going on and SHUT YOUR HOLE!!

I love the Dolphins and all but I'm beginning to think we have some punks on our team. The media circus isn't helping.

:monkey: Management complaints and the Media

It is just typical media crap. There is a bye this week and not much to write about. So they are digging for anything to write. I wouldn't read to deep into this.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Another interesting little blurb on that page.....Wanny saying that if we had a game this week Lucas would not be able to play.....He was banged up THAT bad Sunday. He won't even be back to practice until next week. So much for having two weeks to work off the rust eh?

I don't really think it is practice that will help Ray as much as mentally preparing for the start.

Good point. According to everyone, Lucas had a great week of practice. But once he got into the game, he turned into a pumpkin.

He has GOT to get his head on straight in game situations.

Originally posted by Muck

Just because your making lots of money doesn't mean you don't have the right to speak out when you feel there has been an injustice committed against one of your friends/teammates.
I agree with that statement 100%. Back your guys up all the way.:cool:

If the "Man" in Miami was smart he would cut OG a nice check now for a sign of good faith, and to nip this situation in the bud. A couple hundred thousand thank you notes now could earn the team millions come playoff time. No matter what your job is team moral dictates the result. As a manager you have to squash any distractions before the distraction squashes you.

Its interesting that the first two guys to speak out against the club were Brock Marion and James MckNight, two guys that were notoriously "lowballed" in the past (especially Marion, who has been through two unsuuccessful contract negotatiaions with the Ohins). The big money players (Madison, Surtain) only followed suit snd supported OG afterward as a sign of loyalty.

In many ways they had to. How would it look if all the "big contract" Dolphins looked the other way while the lower salary guys was getting shown the door. It could have created an even bigger mess.

Personally, I think this scenerio is entirely OG's fault. He essentially used his injury as leverage to try and negotiate a new contract in midseason. It was selfish, and it created a huge distraction and he knew it. And the only thing that pisses me off more is Marion runnning his mouth about how "unfair" it is. Gadsden will be 32 next year, has bad feet and is frequently injured. Yes hes one tough SOB with great hands, but he does not deserve a 10 million dollar contract at this point in his carreer. It may hurt, but its the truth.

how was mcknight "lowballed"?? he was a free agent and could have signed ANYWHERE he wanted....if he didn't like Miami's offer and felt it was a lowball offer then why would he accept it?

Maybe Madison has been misquoted or taken out of context....here's another quote from him
''You want to say something(about OG's situation), but he's grown,'' Madison said. ``He's been through it before, he's seen some things around the league, he's seen some things here. And he's been on the other side of that fence before. So he knows what he's doing. And we don't really know the truth, what the contract was, because we weren't sitting in that meeting.''

Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
http://football.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=mia

You're the man and all, but sit back, take an objective view on what's going on and SHUT YOUR HOLE!!

I love the Dolphins and all but I'm beginning to think we have some punks on our team. The media circus isn't helping.

:monkey: Management complaints and the Media

I am disappointed in OG. Without us he wouldn't even be in the NFL. He put us in a hostage situation. You do not say "oh well, I am really injured BUT if you guarantee me more money I will play".

I have a company. If one of my employees comes to me and says: "Boss, I am sick but if you give me a raise in 4 moths I come to work. If not, I be too sick to work for the next 4 months and then I'll look for another employer."
My answer would be: "Bye."

Either you can play or not. Besides that, he is still under contract. He can negotiate when he enters FA.

Besides, 9 million for 5 years is too much.

And I do not want to hear from any player about dedication and treatment. The players are the last ones to show dedications. They jump from one team to another for 2.5 million instead of 2 million yet millions of fans who bought jerseys with their numbers on are left in the cold.

Good bye OG, and don't let the door hit ya.....

Back
Top Bottom