Madison Release "is" possible | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Madison Release "is" possible

VanDolPhan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/7995966.htm

Of course with contracts that large it would seem obvious but what's more interesting to me is this line specifically:

"Although talk of Madison's release might be premature, the Dolphins have contacted the agents for at least two prominent cornerbacks who will be free agents."

And that piques my interest cause the phins front office isn't usually like that.

If the Phins are going to get Sam to resign contract that helps the team. The 1st thing they should do is talk to the Agents of Champ, Ty, Woodson. That will send a signal to Sam that he is no longer gonna have a HUGE contract. I think ANY player should get the contract. It is the FO fault for the CAP MESS. Sam just signed a deal that they AGREED on.

Sam is not going anywhere. Unless his agent just really makes a mess of things. Sam and his agent knows that this Free Agent Market is FULL OF GREAT DB's looking for Big Deals. It is bad timing for all of them...lol

the way he has played the past couple of seasons and his general attitude, to be honest, i wouldn't be sad to see him go. if it was surtain, i would do what ever it takes (within reason) to keep him.

i'm curious to know who the two prominent players are.

If Sam does leave it will be by trade. There are a couple of teams that have the Cap Room and NEEEED a DB like Sam. Cards & Vikes both would trade for Him.

I do not even want to think about the D not having Sam & OGUN. They would be using Fletcher as the #2...lol
David Bowens as the Starting DE for about 4 games untill he is injured.

Even if Sam is gone. Champ and others are not locks for the Dolphins style of Defense. Sure they are thick skinned. But playing man to man on most every down is a nightmare for most DB's even a PRO BOWL DB.

first off...Champ is franchised. Wont do any good contacting his agen. Second...we'll still have a cap hit from Sam's contract, meaning a big DB signing would be pretty hard. Im not too good on this subject but I would guess you could offer a guy a very low salary one year and bump it up the next, but what guy out there would want to do that if they know they can get real money.

I willl not shed a tear, if Madison and his attitude were given the boot.

mcallister wont hit the FA already working on a huge deal, ravens have the cap room

Madison isn't going anywhere. This is just the same old BS that we read every offseason that is planted by the players agent. Madison will restructure his contract. He will receive more guaranteed cash but he deserves that.

no he doesnt. he deserves a pay cut. he makes more than most anyone in the nfl yet he doesnt scare anyone anymore.

Originally posted by Can we win a SB
Id like Antoine Winfield

You can have him! The guy has 6 career interceptions and wants to be paid like he is among the elite CB's in the NFL. Very average in coverage and a sure tackler, not worth what he wants IMO.

Madison has been quoted as saying he wants to finish his career in Miami. He knows teams were burning him up and down the field last year. So he will restructure and be in a Dolphins uniform again.

Back
Top Bottom