Madison Release "is" possible | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Madison Release "is" possible

Madison Release "is" possible

clear.gif

"Depends on what your definition of "is", is...."

Dolphins | Could Release Madison - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 06:04:28 -0800

The Miami Herald reports that the Miami Dolphins could release CB Sam Madison if they are not able to agree on a new contract. Madison will count $8.1 million against the salary cap this season, but the team is $15 million over the cap. Madison's agent hopes to make a deal with the team and expects Madison to end his career with the team.

Originally posted by Predaphin34
Dolphins | Could Release Madison - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 06:04:28 -0800

The Miami Herald reports that the Miami Dolphins could release CB Sam Madison if they are not able to agree on a new contract. Madison will count $8.1 million against the salary cap this season, but the team is $15 million over the cap. Madison's agent hopes to make a deal with the team and expects Madison to end his career with the team.

It would be an after june first league and cost us a little less than 2 million this year, but 6 million next year if he is.

HOWEVER, I'm all for a trade to SD. Send a D-package deal to SD that they can't refuse. We alreayd have an extra 2 million in cap room, so it would only cost 6 million against the ORIGINAL cap...plus...

1. If we got the #1 pick, we wouldn't need to re-structure Jay or Brian savings of at LEAST a million this year...5 million cap hit

2. If we loop the rights to O-gun in that trade, we don't need to come up with 1.8 million to tender him savings 1.8 million

which means we take a total of 3 million dollars more of a cap hit than anticipated, but get the #1 pick in the draft, our future franchise QB in Eli manning that can start, allowing us to release Jay and Brian and he counts NOTHING against the cap next year.

Re: Madison Release "is" possible

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/7995966.htm

Of course with contracts that large it would seem obvious but what's more interesting to me is this line specifically:

"Although talk of Madison's release might be premature, the Dolphins have contacted the agents for at least two prominent cornerbacks who will be free agents."

And that piques my interest cause the phins front office isn't usually like that.

With over 8 mil cap hit, something needs to be done. He, Fiedelr and Griese counts for over 21 mil. IMO, it should either be a pay cut or just cut. madison is simply not good enough to warrant 8 mil or to even push more dead $$$ into the future. he worked his *** off to get the big payday and has pretty much taken off ever since.

Originally posted by MDolphins2003
If the Phins are going to get Sam to resign contract that helps the team. The 1st thing they should do is talk to the Agents of Champ, Ty, Woodson. That will send a signal to Sam that he is no longer gonna have a HUGE contract. I think ANY player should get the contract. It is the FO fault for the CAP MESS. Sam just signed a deal that they AGREED on.

Sam is not going anywhere. Unless his agent just really makes a mess of things. Sam and his agent knows that this Free Agent Market is FULL OF GREAT DB's looking for Big Deals. It is bad timing for all of them...lol

The thing is, Sam doesn't have to re-sign. He's already under contract for the next 4 yrs. This is designed to pressure him to take a cut ot be cut. Restructuring him won't really do us awhole lot of good. He'll only be more pissed and take more plays off than he has.

Madison has already said he's going to do what is fair. Madison has said prior to his agent speaking that he has to deal with his salary this offseason. His agent mouthed off earlier this month and is now attempting to quiet the rhetoric that HE started.

Madison is going nowhere. He'll take the cut to remain in Miami. It's his home.

As long as it's a cut and not a restructure. That is what is fair, considering his play the last few yrs. ;)

true....hes still a solid CB, and the burnings may be a product of playing man-to-man on almost every down (ur gonna give up some plays doing that, theres nothing you can do about that), but hes definately lost a step and his attitude is crappy. He doesnt deserve anywhere near 8mil a season, and if he doesnt realize that then screw him :tongue:

Originally posted by DeDolfan
As long as it's a cut and not a restructure. That is what is fair, considering his play the last few yrs. ;)

but that is not what his agent is saying. so what will give? i think looking at sam madison, he will stick with his deal. he will not take a cut. i would cut him then. i think he is the cancer that has snooped up in hte locker room cus of his play not backing up his words.

Originally posted by finfan54

but that is not what his agent is saying. so what will give? i think looking at sam madison, he will stick with his deal. he will not take a cut. i would cut him then. i think he is the cancer that has snooped up in hte locker room cus of his play not backing up his words.

Oh, I know and agree with ys. Sam has not lived up to his contract at all. That's why I said the "fair" thing is for him to take a cut, if he REALLY wants to do what's best for the team. i'd cut him in a heartbeat otherwise. I would never let him or anyobe else hold this team hostage for no reason. These agents can all kiss my shiny *** as far as i'm concerned.

Back
Top Bottom