• Trade Surtain

Votes: 19 48.7%

• Total voters

TeeMoney

Kid A
Basement Dweller
Club Member
Reaction score
Do you wish it was Madison being traded to KC instead of Surtain?

**Disregard the contracts and what value you think one or the other did/could bring.

simple question, silly post

I'd rather trade Madison, but we wouldn't get a 2nd.

TeeMoney said:
Do you wish it was Madison being traded to KC instead of Surtain?

This is a trick question right? Madison is untouchable on the trade market. It would have cost us a heck of alot more to trade Madison due to his contract.

Now who would I have rather kept if the contracts were the same... well then Pat hands down. I don't think you would find many others that would disagree with that.

No, disregard the contracts and what value you think one or the other did/could bring.

If it was possible I wish it was Madison, but he doesn't have as much value as Surtain does. Surtain can play CB and play the SLOT on 3rd downs. That kind of skill set is so valuable.

Thanks for the honest opinions written by you's guys. (btw, I voted Trade Madison).

TeeMoney said:
No, disregard the contracts and what value you think one or the other did/could bring.

Well then, if that was the case... You had my answer. I would trade Madison in a hearbeat over Surtain.

EDIT: On a side note, I would still be as upset to see Madison go as I am Surtain... since both are class acts. Madison has restructured and restructured to make room for players like Sutain... so you can't knock the guy. He is a class act and a team player. So even though I would rather keep Surtain for team and talent reasons. I would MOST definitely miss Madison as much as Surtain.

My allegiance has always been to madison. I just always liked him more probably because i felt like a few years back at his peak he was the best CB the league had seen since Rod Woodson was in his prime. Just IMO.

Madison's actions a couple years ago (sicking his wife to the press to get into the pro bowl) really soured my opinion of Madison. Then he lost a step or two- to the point that the guys I watch games with were calling him "toast".

TeeMoney said:
Madison's actions a couple years ago (sicking his wife to the press to get into the pro bowl) really soured my opinion of Madison. Then he lost a step or two- to the point that the guys I watch games with were calling him "toast".

I know that whole fiasco was bad, but Madison is still and always has been a team player.. Being that has nothing to do with his personal life. Granted that making that (play) was a bit cheap.

But wasn't he the one covering Chad "the mouth" Johnson vs. the Bengals? I thought they were buds and Madison(if it was him like I remember) definitely shut Chad up that game. I know Madison has lost a step or two but that's why we had the safties we got to help over top. Non of them were ever on time. Madison is still one of the best shut down corners in the league though. He just can't handle the deep threat. That's why you have safties to cover the release.

Reguarless, didn't Chad have 1 catch for 7 yards in that game?

I know I am getting off topic, I am just remembering all the great times Madison and Sutain gave to us. I will miss having arguable the best CB tandum in the league. heh,heh

The safety change had to happen because he was letting the big plays happen. Bates/Wanny had to make the change to cover for a slowing Madison.

Back
Top Bottom