Madison | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Madison

Ct Fin Freak 13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I really hope we keep Sam. He has been our best corner ever throughout his career. (I know surtain has been better the last two years) but overall Sam was awesome coming in and starting as a rookie. Remember the game when Sam picked off three passes against Tennessee. He left his reciever reading the qb and picked off three. He is a very smart cornerback and I would like to see him retire a dolphin. He just needs to work on catching some of those one's he drops or he could off had like 3 more picks last year. Besides we need to keep him because every year Surtain gets hurt and we need someone who can come in and play and not really suffer a drop off in play. ( We signed Howard) I have no confidence that Fletcher can come in for either one of our corner's if they were to get hurt.

sounds like madisons agent said tommorrow we will know more. could be a deal done monday.

Originally posted by Ct Fin Freak 13
I have no confidence that Fletcher can come in for either one of our corner's if they were to get hurt.

Fletcher was dropped...but I agree w/your Madison comments. We need to keep him. As I said in another post, I think the best secondary would be:

Knight & Madison at S
Surtain & Howard at CB

Where do CBs go when they get old and lose a step (ala Rod Woodson)...they turn into S because it is an easier position to play when you're older and slower.

Put Sam next to Sammy...

Hummm..interesting idea w/ madison playing Safety. But...dont you have to hit to play safety? I don't see Sam really laying a lick on anyone...but I agree he has the speed to me a mean cover safety.

Most times, safeties do have to be able to hit...but not necessarily always. Free safeties can be speedy cover guys and be successful. Rod Woodson was never a big hitter before he moved to safety, but he developed into a great safety over time. I think Madison could do the same, only he would be able to jump in there quicker because he's younger and better than Rod was when he was moved.

Fletcher hasn't been dropped. He was rumored to have been, but they never have actually cut him.

Re: Re: Madison

Originally posted by MightyMosDurf74

Fletcher was dropped...but I agree w/your Madison comments. We need to keep him. As I said in another post, I think the best secondary would be:

Knight & Madison at S
Surtain & Howard at CB

Where do CBs go when they get old and lose a step (ala Rod Woodson)...they turn into S because it is an easier position to play when you're older and slower.

Put Sam next to Sammy...
sorry but fletcher has not been drooped he is still on the roster. he might be cut after june 1st when we will save money against the cap. if he is cut befor june there are no savings. but nonetheless i think he is a goner period.

It's basically a done-deal that Fletcher has been dropped.

The only reason it isn't confirmed is that Fletcher's agent has declined to comment.

Fletcher LOL

Originally posted by MightyMosDurf74
It's basically a done-deal that Fletcher has been dropped.

The only reason it isn't confirmed is that Fletcher's agent has declined to comment.

Fletcher now there was a fine draft pick !!!!!!!!!!!

just like we are going to pass on a sure thing in Rivers our FO sucks.

Originally posted by Ct Fin Freak 13
I really hope we keep Sam. He has been our best corner ever throughout his career. (I know surtain has been better the last two years) but overall Sam was awesome coming in and starting as a rookie. Remember the game when Sam picked off three passes against Tennessee. He left his reciever reading the qb and picked off three. He is a very smart cornerback and I would like to see him retire a dolphin. He just needs to work on catching some of those one's he drops or he could off had like 3 more picks last year. Besides we need to keep him because every year Surtain gets hurt and we need someone who can come in and play and not really suffer a drop off in play. ( We signed Howard) I have no confidence that Fletcher can come in for either one of our corner's if they were to get hurt.

I totally agree....Madison needs to stay no matter what.

I'll feel really good about when we are heading once Sam and our new RT is signed.

Sam had at least 2 or three real nice hits this past year. Hard hits. It really surprised me.

We should consider trading Sam if we can get some fair value for him...a 1st or 2nd round pick. If not, its not worth it to not have him on the roster considering the fact that we would not save much cap space by trading him. Even better is if he has a better season in 2004 then he'll increase his trade value and decrease the dead money we'd take on for trading him, so basically trading him after 2004 would be a better option to me. He'll have to feel the pressure this year from Reggie Howard...I think he'll rise to it, then we can ship him off for a first rounder.

I remember when he completely owned somone in the Titans game. Anyone have it on vid?

Madison only started a couple games as a rookie.

Originally posted by The Slacker
I remember when he completely owned somone in the Titans game. Anyone have it on vid?

Got all of the games but week 1 on tape.

Back
Top Bottom