Malcom Perry | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Malcom Perry

mwestberry

Club Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure this was posted pre-draft .... if so my apologies ... but it's a great read for those who don't know him

At 5'8" and 180-190 lbs. this guy brings a bunch of skill to the team that can confuse and keep defenses on their toes if it translates to the NFL ...

Navy's Malcolm Perry once went from eating Twizzlers in the stands to playing quarterback on a 90-yard drive.

One day while Bonny was washing dishes in the kitchen, Malcolm came in from playing and told her he was now good at football.

"How do you know?" she asked.

"They couldn't catch me," he replied.

He has been a winning college quarterback. He has been a prolific runner. Now, in a span of four months, he wants to establish himself as a wide receiver at the game's highest level.

His mother once asked him: What position does he want to play the most?

"I don't care if I'm playing center, as long as I'm on the field," he told his mother. "Football is just in his DNA."

I can only imagine the match up nightmares that could follow if he gets activated to the team

He does have talent, but this season felt like a practice squadish season

They had a connection in camp. Speed kills. Tua has a live arm. I expect Bowden and Perry to move the chains in the slot
Based on his accomplishments I see slot for sure ... I also see wildcat and HB throws ... if he comes as advertised we could have the "swiss army knife" that keeps DC's up at night

Based on his accomplishments I see slot for sure ... I also see wildcat and HB throws ... if he comes as advertised we could have the "swiss army knife" that keeps DC's up at night
Our last swiss army knife was traded. Guys want to lineup and play one position

Our last swiss army knife was traded. Guys want to lineup and play one position
Selfish players perhaps. Plenty of guys do whatever they can to help their team win. On offense in particular a lot of players don’t care what they do all long as the ball gets into their hands.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see him active.

however I think his training camp buzz w/ tua had more to do w/ the fact that tua was getting 3rd string reps.

I’m interested to see who w/ the 1st strings jumps into the role perry had in training camp. My guess is DVP

when Marino came in he brought Duper and Clayton up with him, they were all practicing scout team before

It will be interesting to see what happens with all these receivers Malcolm Perry, Lynn Bowden Jr and Antonio Callaway who can come back now (week 8), Bowden Jr. has seen a few snaps in the wildcat but that's all I've seen. One of those top 4 picks in the 2021 draft could be a high end receiver for Tua and both Wilson and Hurns will return for 2021, so one or more of these guy's needs to show something if they want to stick around competition for a roster spot at WR in 2021 will be high...

Bowden looks like for this year at least he’s gonna be one of those delayed/late release flats to hook usage guys in the pass game. Flats if man hook if zone outside of the screen game. They lining him up tight to the formation and using him on misdirection for open release ask. Probably expecting him to give them some run thru contact once he receives the ball and a extension of the run game basically.

the ask outside of the run thru contact is highly scheme driven

I had wanted him to replace Grant but then Jakeem played very well last week so maybe not. It’s nice to have depth at least for once.

He measured 5' 9 1/2", 186 lbs at the combine. Just FYI. His agility and change of direction is very impressive and what allowed him to score 53 career TDs at Navy. He doesn't have straight-line speed but he will break ankles.

Back
Top Bottom