Man it's like game day | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Man it's like game day

PhinPhreak

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
So strange how much football has changed over the years, here we all are getting excited waiting for the draft to start, feels just like a game day.

Years ago you didn't know anything about the draft until you read about it in the paper the next day, If I remember correctly it used to be on Sunday and Monday. So most people were at Work or School while it was going on.

Damn it's time to get the grill going and break out the beer. :cpatch:

PhinPhreak said:
So strange how much football has changed over the years, here we all are getting excited waiting for the draft to start, feels just like a game day.

Years ago you didn't know anything about the draft until you read about it in the paper the next day, If I remember correctly it used to be on Sunday and Monday. So most people were at Work or School while it was going on.

The NBA and MLB must be looking at the NFL draft and just shaking there heads.

PhinPhreak said:

Its great isnt it??? A gloomy day in NY, so what better thing to do then watch the NFL DRAFT!!!! Less than a half hr to go!! Game time..!!!

FuturePhin said:
Its great isnt it??? A gloomy day in NY, so what better thing to do then watch the NFL DRAFT!!!! Less than a half hr to go!! Game time..!!!

With out a doubt better then the last few years, hell that one year we had to wait till the 3rd round before the Fins had their first pick, that sucked.

I'm the calmest guy in the world during a law school final but I'm wigging out in anticipation of this draft.

It's not like SF where you're like "are we going to take Rodgers or Smith." It's like, where will we pick, what position will we pick, who will we pick, and how many?

We could just as easily have 4 first-two-rounds selections, or 3, or 2. We could take any combination of: DT, RB, QB, WR, OL. We could get picks now, or in the future.

Please Saban, just don't stay at 2.

infiltrateib said:
I'm the calmest guy in the world during a law school final but I'm wigging out in anticipation of this draft.

It's not like SF where you're like "are we going to take Rodgers or Smith." It's like, where will we pick, what position will we pick, who will we pick, and how many?

We could just as easily have 4 first-two-rounds selections, or 3, or 2. We could take any combination of: DT, RB, QB, WR, OL. We could get picks now, or in the future.

Please Saban, just don't stay at 2.

:lol: OK, slow deep breaths Infil.

Tell me about it. The anticipation is driving me crazy. At 12:00 noon I'm taking the tv from my son and telling him to hit the road. Hopefully the niners pick fast and then its the fins turn.

PhinPhreak said:
With out a doubt better then the last few years, hell that one year we had to wait till the 3rd round before the Fins had their first pick, that sucked.

It all got better when Saban took over..lol. That year was horrible. I always hate watching teams with multipe #1's draft and we had nothing. Its like damn...that could of been ours. Not this year!

Back
Top Bottom