Man, UDFA CB Mitchell listed with 4.35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Man, UDFA CB Mitchell listed with 4.35

Scouts inc does not mention returns, but says 4.34 40. Says he has a hugh upside and should become a nfl starter.

Puffboy(ricky) said:
40 time. Not ranked that bad either. Wonder if he can return Kicks?
Yes he can...

CB/KR-SHIRDONYA MITCHELL – Lettered four years at Missouri (2001-04) . . . Played wide receiver his first two years with the Tigers before being moved to cornerback for his junior season of 2003 . . . In two years as a cornerback, registered 57 tackles, five interceptions, 10 pass breakups and a forced fumble . . . As a senior, notched 39 tackles and a team-high four interceptions . . . Also served as a return man throughout his career . . . Averaged 22.9 yards on 49 kickoffs returns, including a 24.1-yard norm as both a sophomore and junior . . . Also fielded three punts for a 7.7-yard average in his career . . . Redshirted in 2000 . . . Played in the Gridiron Classic All-Star Game following his senior season . . . Majored in business . . . Attended Sam Houston High School in Arlington, Texas where he was a first-team Class 5A All-State selection as a wide receiver . . . Born May 16, 1982.

PhinstiGator said:
Yes he can...

CB/KR-SHIRDONYA MITCHELL – Lettered four years at Missouri (2001-04) . . . Played wide receiver his first two years with the Tigers before being moved to cornerback for his junior season of 2003 . . . In two years as a cornerback, registered 57 tackles, five interceptions, 10 pass breakups and a forced fumble . . . As a senior, notched 39 tackles and a team-high four interceptions . . . Also served as a return man throughout his career . . . Averaged 22.9 yards on 49 kickoffs returns, including a 24.1-yard norm as both a sophomore and junior . . . Also fielded three punts for a 7.7-yard average in his career . . . Redshirted in 2000 . . . Played in the Gridiron Classic All-Star Game following his senior season . . . Majored in business . . . Attended Sam Houston High School in Arlington, Texas where he was a first-team Class 5A All-State selection as a wide receiver . . . Born May 16, 1982.
Those are pretty impressive. Why did he not get drafted? Meaning, what are his negatives?

Oboy said:
Those are pretty impressive. Why did he not get drafted? Meaning, what are his negatives?
As far as i know hes injured (knee) and might be placed on the inactive list like Ogunleye was for the very 1st year we had him. Either way the signing did please me; I really like this kid and have been following him since hisSophmore year. Great speed and recover ability with pretty decent ball skills. My guess is had he not been injured he probably would have graded out to a late day 1 pick (Late 3rd-maybe early 4th)

Thanks for all the info. Really seems the undrafted quality we signed is very good (for undrafted). Some of these guys i really belive have a good chance of making team, most years that never seemed to be the case. Cool, make the team kid

Mitchell will have to go on IR this year, but according to Boomer he could be an excellent player for us next year. I believe Boomer discussed him on the Ask Boomer thread.

Back
Top Bottom