Manatee Wright | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Manatee Wright

Bpk

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Okay, I just finished watching the beginning of Manny's interview today and could not even get through it I was SO pissed off.

This kid has the gall to show up FATTER for this year after 'eatin Mama's home-cookin' all off-season instead of meeting the goals his teammates and the coaches requested... THEN, after all the Veterans are P.O.'d at him and Nick Saban gets them off his back by telling them to be patient with the youngster this idiot has the brash disrespect to go in front of a camera and say that he worked HARD this offseason, and showed up in the BEST shape he could????

I haven't seen such blatant lying and revisionist history since clips of the Iraqui Information Minister during the Gulf War, when he denied the Americans were within 100 miles of Baghdad while American tanks rrolled past behind him.

This fat, lazy son-of-a-gun doesn't have any respect for his teammates (especially his D Line mentors who have a ton of Pro Bowls and Superbowl rings between them), not the intelligence of the common fan. What a jerk and an immature one at that.

I would be happy to see him cut today. Everything that's RIGHT about Matt Roth is what's wrong with this guy.

Okay. Rant done.

B.

[Added By Edit - 5:32 pm PST Thursday Aug 3]
*****P.S. - If you take the time to reply to this, please take the time to first read all my subsequent posts clarifying and explaning this better. I am aware he worked hard between mimi-camp and tc, but my issue is with what he did the rest of his offseason and making it sound like he tried hard the whole time.****

he showed up overweight to the mini camp...i think hes lost almost 30lbs since then...

Minus 2 months when he was actually off, he has worked hard.

This post seems pretty uninformed. The last few times I've heard Wright's name mentioned it's been in a good light, he's supposedly one of the last to leave the weight room at night, lost like 30 lbs. since mini-camp, and is the heir to the NT position.

Saban4prez said:
he showed up overweight to the mini camp...i think hes lost almost 30lbs since then...

True. This guy doesn't know what he's talking about. :sidelol:

I heard that he was overweight but then lost about 30 lbs. According to some reports he has been in the weight room after everyone else is gone. Let's see what he does the rest of the camp and into the season before we pass too much judgement. You know that the coach will not tolerate having him on the team if he is a slug.

Trekbiz said:
Damage was already done though.
He's clearly way behind where he should be.

Going on a crash diet to get at an exceptable weight is also going to have a great effect on your strength and muscle build. That's not how you conduct yourself as a top athlete. He lost the weight due to immense pressure from the team but he still hasn't shown he has the desire within himself to do what it takes to be a professional.

I hope he does but it's to soon to dismiss the troubling lack of desire he showed with his offseason binging.

he lost weight because of his desire to make the team.

Bpk said:
Yeah, I know all about the hard work he's done since June. Gimme a break. So I don't know what I'm talking about because for the last few weeks he has worked hard to catch up after showing up fat?

Seriously, this guy HAS worked hard, and I am glad he has, but he SHOULD have worked hard in the offseason. He gets no credit and slaps on the back for working to get back to where any good teammate would have been in the first place by minicamp.

My main gripe is that he stands in front of a camera and CLAIMS to have worked hard all offseason when that is blatantly untrue. A shred of accountability would be nice. Just, you know, I slipped up a bit and had to work hard to catch up. Not making it sound like he did the right thing all along.

B.

I'm with you and understand exactly what you are saying.

Saban4prez said:

Damage was already done though.
He's clearly way behind where he should be.

Going on a crash diet to get at an exceptable weight is also going to have a great effect on your strength and muscle build. That's not how you conduct yourself as a top athlete. He lost the weight due to immense pressure from the team but he still hasn't shown he has the desire within himself to do what it takes to be a professional.

I hope he does but it's to soon to dismiss the troubling lack of desire he showed with his offseason binging.

It amazes me how sometimes someone get something on their mind about someone and nothing that person does can shake that initial thought about them.

Bpk said:
Yeah, I know all about the hard work he's done since June. Gimme a break. So I don't know what I'm talking about because for the last few weeks he has worked hard to catch up after showing up fat?

Seriously, this guy HAS worked hard, and I am glad he has, but he SHOULD have worked hard in the offseason. He gets no credit and slaps on the back for working to get back to where any good teammate would have been in the first place by minicamp.

My main gripe is that he stands in front of a camera and CLAIMS to have worked hard all offseason when that is blatantly untrue. A shred of accountability would be nice. Just, you know, I slipped up a bit and had to work hard to catch up. Not making it sound like he did the right thing all along.

B.

you lose 30 pounds

Bpk said:
Okay, I just finished watching the beginning of Manny's interview today and could not even get through it I was SO pissed off.

This kid has the gall to show up FATTER for this year after 'eatin Mama's home-cookin' all off-season instead of meeting the goals his teammates and the coaches requested... THEN, after all the Veterans are P.O.'d at him and Nick Saban gets them off his back by telling them to be patient with the youngster this idiot has the brash disrespect to go in front of a camera and say that he worked HARD this offseason, and showed up in the BEST shape he could????

I haven't seen such blatant lying and revisionist history since clips of the Iraqui Information Minister during the Gulf War, when he denied the Americans were within 100 miles of Baghdad while American tanks rrolled past behind him.

This fat, lazy son-of-a-gun doesn't have any respect for his teammates (especially his D Line mentors who have a ton of Pro Bowls and Superbowl rings between them), not the intelligence of the common fan. What a jerk and an immature one at that.

I would be happy to see him cut today. Everything that's RIGHT about Matt Roth is what's wrong with this guy.

Okay. Rant done.

B.
I'm going to assume you are misinformed and that you don't ride the "Short-Bus."

He showed up overweight in many camp, but according to all accounts, he's in good condition in TC.

Lighten up, buddy.

B.

Back
Top Bottom