Mandich shares his thoughts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mandich shares his thoughts

fishypete

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-miami-dolphins-mandich-092109,0,3537927.story

Miami Gardens - Just a very unusual football game. Physically the Dolphins were overwhelming. Fill in the numbers: well over 200 yards rushing, seldom do you lose a game like that. Time of possession, all the numbers, feed the computer it will say the Dolphins won the game tonight. But there were aberrations. Too many easy scores. Dallas Clark goes right down the middle of the field. You got to re-route the tight end at the line of scrimmage.

You take the lead, you can feel the swelling of emotion in the building. You expect the defense to respond in emotional fashion. Put a clothes pin to my nose. Thirty-two seconds, 80 yards. The play to Pierre Garcon, way too easy. Gibril Wilson had a nightmarish night.

I have written the same issue...why is it that the Dolphins don't try to re-route the TE'S they play against. Why can't they place a linebacker and hit them in the 5 yd area...I've seen that done many times in other games from other teams. It seems that all the Dolphins want to do is rush the passer...you can't do that all game...teams will kill you as the Colts did...and thats why the Dolphins can't cover screens either...as the Colts also did with the receiver.

Back
Top Bottom