Mando/Rotoworld: Mike Wallace to enter free agency and not get tagged | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mando/Rotoworld: Mike Wallace to enter free agency and not get tagged

There is absolutely no excuse if Mike Wallace is not wearing a Dolphins uniform next year.

No there is an excuse and his name is Greg Jennings. Im not saying I want Jennings but I believe he will be offered a contract before Wallace IMO. If Wallace is not a Fin its because Jenning's is.

No there is an excuse and his name is Greg Jennings. Im not saying I want Jennings but I believe he will be offered a contract before Wallace IMO. If Wallace is not a Fin its because Jenning's is.

We have the money to get them both if we really want them, but i don't think Jeff has the B%^% to do that tho.

I am not sure if Wallace fits with RT's skill set

Sure he does. Tannehill overshoots 9.7 out of every 10 deep balls he throws. Wallace should be able to snag most of them. ;)

For the record, I prefer Jennings in free agency anyway. He'll cost less and be a much more complete receiver. Tannehill really needs a steady presence. They can then take a speed WR in the draft.

Sure he does. Tannehill overshoots 9.7 out of every 10 deep balls he throws. Wallace should be able to snag most of them. ;)

For the record, I prefer Jennings in free agency anyway. He'll cost less and be a much more complete receiver. Tannehill really needs a steady presence. They can then take a speed WR in the draft.

There aren't any bluechip "burners" this time. We'd just get another bust if we go for a "burner".

Wallace was targeted 404 times in 4 years Averaged 8 tds and never had more than 72 receptions, he's a difference maker if you make him the difference, under Mike Sherman I don't think he will have that kind of success, but he is worth at leat 9 mil a year.

?? I'm not sure what this means? Care to clarify.....

im pretty sure hayden meant that Tannehill didn't really seem to be the terrific deep ball passer that Wallace needs at QB (like Roethlisberger)..... but the jury is still out on that since it was his first year & he was feeling everything out with a group of lackluster WR's. i'd take the chance at pairing RT & Wallace in Miami with hopes that Tannehill can get it deep enough & accurate enough to Mike Wallace

i don't understand the wallace doesn't fit tannehills skill set talk...kind of baffles me really...tannehill can throw the 18 yard comeback from the opposite hash can throw the deep out and hits hartline routinely on routes where he drives on the corner forcing the corner to open his hips and transition into his pedal before gearing down and turning into a dart on the outside...add in those 2 wr sets we love to run vertical pa off with hartline and bess and substitute a clean release wallace in one of those slots and you will have safeties and dbs scared to death of getting beat over the top opening up more space in base set run plays and allowing you to bang them off pa vertical with more efficiency...

i also don't agree with any tannehill can't throw the ball deep stuff...that's not what i saw this year...mike wallace would do murder in pa would bang the opposition for chunk yardage on comebacks and deep outs and catch quick slants screens and posts with more big play ability than anyone we have on the roster...

design ways to get wallace clean releases off the los either by motion or by stacking the wrs etc and he'll do murder...and when teams do try to press him he's so quick and explosive they usually go to press bail and he gets into his route and off the los efficiently...

rotoworld.com

Part of the converstion about free agency on this site has involved Mike Wallace. And that conversation has assumed that Wallace will actually be available despite the fact the Pittsburgh Steelers can use the franchise tag on him or re-sign him between now and the March 12 opening of free agency.
Well, today there is some clarity on that assumption straight from the horse's mouth.
Pittsburgh general manager Kevin Colbert met with the local media today and cleared up several questions. He said it was "very doubtful" the club would use the franchise tag on anyone.
So there's that.
And he made the point that the Steelers are not worried about their free agents going out into the market to test the free agency waters.
"We won't know what an individual player costs until he gets out there," Colbert said.
That means Wallace will be on the market in all probability.
Colbert also made the point that the Steelers "are not married" to any player. Actually, he piggybacked on that by adding that Pittsburgh must change the roster from the one that got them to 8-8 because to be different you have to, well, be different.
Change is coming to the Steelers. It looks as if Wallace might be part of that change.

I continue to think Wallace is our best option in FA. Youngest and most dynamic of all the receivers available. Considering we already have plenty of possession receivers his ability to stretch the field is what this offense really needs

If I'm the GM I would go after Jennings, Wallace and Jared Cook, lets score ****ing points.

Would there be more value in going after Jennings and Bowe and probably pay a little more combined that you would as a whole for Wallace? Will be interesting to see this thing play out.

Speed on the outside... and speed that is actually a threat to catch the ball and make a play will have an immediate impact on this offense.

Back
Top Bottom